Preparative Fraction Collector (PFC)
The GERSTEL PFC automatically collects compounds after gas chromatographic separation.
The PFC is equipped with six sample traps and one waste trap, available in 1 µl or 100 µl volumes.
For optimum compound recovery, the PFC can be equipped with optional LN2 trap cooling or cryostatic trap cooling systems.
The GERSTEL PFC allows for the collection of individual compounds, a series of compounds, or specific classes of compounds. Thanks to microprocessor control, trap switching times can be selected to within 0.01 minutes. This permits reliable collection of individual compounds that are closely resolved.
The PFC is designed without valves or cold spots in the sample flow path ensuring maximum transfer efficiency.
The reliability and reproducibility of the system makes it possible to trap compounds over hundreds of injections. This makes it possible to further analyse the fractions by techniques requiring larger sample mass such as NMR or IR.
The system can be controlled using a PocketPC with GERSTEL Baton installed or through the MAESTRO software.
Main Features and Advantages:
- Automated collection of compounds or compound groups
- Six collection traps using cryo-trapping or adsorbent
- Purification of compounds from 100s of runs
- Separate waste trap (can be cooled for residue collection)
- No valves and no cold spots for best possible recovery
- MAESTRO Software control for easy set-up
The GERSTEL PFC can be used with all standard gas chromatographs.