Platinum® Taq DNA polymerase
Platinum® Taq DNA Polymerase is a recombinant Taq DNA polymerase complexed with a proprietary antibody that inhibits polymerase activity at ambient temperatures. Due to specific binding of the inhibitor, Platinum® Taq DNA Polymerase is provided in an inactive form. The DNA polymerase is then activated in a temperature-dependent manner (at 94ºC) during the start of PCR. Once dissociated from the inhibitor, the Taq DNA polymerase regains its full activity.
Benefits of Platinum® Taq DNA Polymerase
- High specificity with less background from nonspecific PCR products including primer-dimers
- Increased yield of PCR product
- Broader range of magnesium tolerance
- Less PCR optimization (e.g., Mg2+ concentration, annealing temperature, primer concentration, etc.)
- -Increased sensitivity (less target is required)