The NEPHELOstar Plus is the world’s only laser-based microplate nephelometer that uses forward scattered light to measure turbidity or solubility of a sample in solution. This nephelometer is perfect for measuring drug compound solubility, immunoprecipiation, or microbial growth in a microplate based environment.
Exclusive to the NEPHELOstar Plus is the robust optical system that employs a self-monitoring laser diode (at 635 nm) that offers adjustable laser intensity and beam diameter. Able to detect scattered light up to 80 degrees from the incidence angle, the NEPHELOstar Plus is approximately thirty times more sensitive than traditional transmission readers that measure the reduction in direct light passing through a sample well.
The flexibility and performance of the NEPHELOstar Plus allows more applications to be adapted to microplate-based nephelometry than ever before. Applications that the NEPHELOstar Plus is targeted for include:
• Drug compound solubility screening
• Bacterial and fungal growth kinetics
• Precipitation of particles in solution (e.g. immunoprecipitation, protein precipitation)
• Quantification of macromolecules,
• Toxin/antitoxin flocculation in serum
• Polymerization reactions monitoring
Developed to meet high-throughput demands, this microplate-based nephelometer is faster than conventional solubility detection methods with the highest sensitivity and flexibility. Temperature-regulated heating plates above and below the plate provide uniform incubation up to 45°C. Up to two optional on-board reagent injectors, with individually adjustable delivery volumes for each well, and multi-mode shaking capabilities further enhance instrument flexibility.
Cell-based Assays and the Atmospheric Control Unit (ACU)
For cell growth assays on the NEPHELOstar Plus, BMG LABTECH’s Atmospheric Control Unit can be added to ensure proper environmental control within the microplate reader chamber. The optional microprocessor controlled ACU allows users to fully regulate CO2 (0 - 20%) and O2 (1 - 19%) independently within the microplate reader. The ACU provides users with a walk away solution for all cell growth assays.
Application notes and news
- Nephelometric Monitoring Growth of Candida albicans Using BMG LABTECH’s NEPHELOstar
- Use Light-Scattering to Measure Compound Solubility or Microbial Growth in a Nephelometric Microplate Reader
- Microplate Readers and Lab Automation Possibilities from BMG LABTECH
- BMG LABTECH – The Microplate Reader Company - at the SBS 2009 Conference
- BMG LABTECH introduces their latest range of next generation Multimode Microplate readers
- MARS data analysis software available for all BMG LABTECH microplate readers
- BMG LABTECH releases the new evaluation software, MARS
- The Most Flexible Just Got More Flexible