The Minstrel HT UV was the world's first fully automated high-throughput ultraviolet and visible crystal imaging and protein crystal monitoring system.
This robotic instrument is a major advance over previous visible light microscopy technology because its UV technology can find crystals in complex drops and easily distinguish protein crystals from non-protein crystals (such as salt).
The Minstrel HT UV provides unattended image acquisition, providing an objective history of the experiment. A fully integrated system for temperature controlled incubation, inspection, and analysis of protein crystallization plates, each installation is comprised of one Minstrel HT UV imaging station and either one or two Gallery™ HT incubator storage systems.
The Minstrel HT UV provides the highest optical resolution for combined visible and UV spectrum imaging and employs a 5.0 Megapixel CCD and a single optical train with custom optics and superior optical quality. This allows users to detect crystals where visible imaging falls short.
This modular platform is unique in its ability to support two independent incubators, each operating at a different temperature. Maximally configured, each Minstrel HT is capable of controlling and tracking over 1000 plates (1380 low profile).
Minstrel HT UV Features:
- Extremely high optical resolution
- Combined visible and UV spectrum imaging allows detection of crystals where visible imaging falls short
- Can be integrated with one or two independent incubators or as part of a fully integrated crystallization system (CrystalMation)
- Temperature controlled imaging environment
- Reliable incubation with dual compressors and cooling systems
- Multiple independent temperatures (4 to 30°C)
- Bar code tracking
- Patent pending programmable illumination
- Vibration isolation with gentle plate handling
- Remote network or internet access to data via CrystalTrak or CrystalTrak Web
- Compatible with most SBS and Linbro® footprint plate types
- Unparalleled scalability and upgradeability as part of a fully integrated system