SelectScience Members can achieve membership status by writing product reviews. This helps other members to better understand the Reviewer's experience and expertise.
Status: No. Reviews Published: Member 0 1-4 5-14 15+ By Invitation
Reviewers are also encouraged to publish a 'public profile' so others can benefit from a further understanding of the Reviewer's applications and expertise.
Write a review today>>
Member since: 2009
Organization: latif diagnostic research lab
"It is best instrument for a small to medium sized lab."
The MiniOpticon Real-Time PCR Detection System with CFX Manager software control combines a premium software package with the most compact and portable real-time PCR system on the market. This powerful combination puts sophisticated qPCR tools and techniques in the hands of the indivdual researcher.
The system is composed of a two-color real-time detector and the high-performance, gradient-enabled MJ Mini thermal cycler. Samples are sequentially illuminated by a fixed array of 48 blue-green long-lasting light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Each LED is precisely focused onto its corresponding well to ensure minimal cross talk and light scattering. Cross talk is further reduced by sequentially illuminating and detecting each well. Emitted fluorescence is detected by one of two sensitive, filtered photodiodes. This innovative no-moving-parts design allows accurate detection in a compact and robust package.
• Up to 2 targets per well can be amplified using a range of fluorophores
• 48-well capacity gradient block allows rapid optimization in a single run
• Data analysis when and where you want by receiving email notification with an attached data file
• Built-in analysis modules, including normalized gene expression analysis using multiple reference genes and target-specific reaction efficiencies
• Weight of just 6.8 kg (15 lb) with a compact footprint (W x D x H: 18 x 32 x 33 cm; 7 x 12.5 x 13")