MAPTrix - Recombinant Animal Free Extracellular Matrix
MAPTrix - Recombinant Animal Free Extracellular Matrix (Mussel Adhesive Protein based matrix) ECM is the first combinatorial synthetic ECM library for engineering integrin specific surfaces that mimic native extracellular microenvironment.
MAPTrix utilises mussel adhesive protein to create the first combinatorial synthetic ECM library for engineering integrin specific surfaces. These surfaces mimic the native extracellular environment. Mussel adhesive protein is highly desirable for use in a variety of biological and medical applications due to its strong wet adhesive, non toxic, biodegradable and low immunogenicity properties.
MAPTrix platform technology incorporates bioactive peptides into mussel adhesive protein. This allows for the production of multi-functional biomaterials for life science and medical applications.
MAPTrix technology Benefits:
- Adhere to USP guidelines.
- No species specificity.
- Adheres to a wide variety of surfaces including plastic, glass, metal and biological materials.
MAPTrix technology Applications:
- Stem cell technology.
- Tissue engineering scaffolds.
- Drug delivery.
- Cell surface modification.
- Coating of medical devices.
The MAPTrix HyGelTM matrix can be modularly engineered for designed biochemical characteristics by use of either a single MAPTrixTM ECM product or a combination of MAPTrixTM ECM products. AMSBIO currently provides many different MAPTrixTM ECM products in its expanding MAPTrixTM ECM line for engineering the extracellular matrix.
2D or 3D MAPTrix:
MAPTrix technology is used in both the MAPTrix ECM coating kit (2D matrix) and the MAPTrix hygel kit (3D matrix).
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!