LCMS-8050 Triple Quad Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Environmental Scientifics Group- ESG
Read more »
"It is easy to use instrument with many added software features to make use flexible and comprehensive. Coupled with the Nexera UHPLC Shimadzu, you have a product that meets the requirements for sensitivity necessary for hair analysis for drugs of abuse. Even the novice entering this area for the first time can be assured that they can achieve their goals with the excellent support from both service and application chemists at Shimadzu. Well done Shimadzu beating the big players with this excellent instrument. "
Incorporating Shimadzu’s proprietary ultrafast technologies (UF Technologies), the new triple quadrupole LCMS-8050 dramatically improves analytical throughput with the ultimate in high-speed performance.
In addition, the newly designed ion source and collision cell, Heated-ESI and UFsweeper® III collision cell technology, ensure the highest levels of sensitivity and quantitative performance. Combine with Shimadzu’s world-leading UHPLC systems for an unmatched level of performance.
The instrument is designed for durability and easy operation and maintenance to reduce downtime. The newly designed ion source features a cable-free, tubeless housing for convenience when switching from ESI to APCI or dual ionization mode. The desolvation capillary can be replaced without breaking vacuum, and probe maintenance is quick thanks to easily accessible consumable components. Users can remove and clean the ion guides without tools or extensive disassembly.
LabSolutions LCMS workstation software provides intuitive control of the LCMS-8050 and Shimadzu HPLC/UHPLC systems from a single user interface. The software allows the creation of quantitation methods for multi-component analysis, enabling anyone to perform quantitative analyses with ease. In addition, the software is equipped with a powerful data browser and an automated MRM optimization routine. Numerous options, including application-specific method packages and open-access quantitative analysis software, are available to address specific customer requirements.
LCMS-8050 Triple Quad Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Features:
- Ultrafast polarity switching (5 msec) – maintains constant quality and sensitivity with no loss of quantitative accuracy
- Ultra-high-speed scan rate of 30,000 u/sec – obtains high-quality mass spectra, even during high-speed analysis
- Ultrafast MRM transition speeds, up to 555 MRMs per second
- Newly developed heated ESI probe facilitates ionization – allows for high-sensitivity analysis of a wide range of compounds
- New high-efficiency CID cell – maintains signal intensity and suppresses crosstalk, even for high-speed or simultaneous multicomponent analysis
Application notes and news
- Analysis of Human IgG using Automated Digestion Coupled Directly to LCMS-8050
- Keep Calm and Mass Spec On at ASMS 2014
- Shimadzu Registers HPLC and LCMS Instruments as Class I Medical Devices with Food and Drug Administration
- Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Announces Product Launches, Presentations and Poster Sessions for Pittcon 2...
- Introducing the New Shimadzu LCMS-8050 Ultra-Fast Mass Spectrometer