LAESI DP-1000 System
Using Laser Ablation Electrospray Ionization (LAESI) technology native sample analysis has never been easier. Biological samples can be quickly analyzed and imaged under ambient conditions with virtually no sample preparation required. With quick integration and flexibility, the LAESI DP-1000 provides researchers with a high-performing, innovative, and efficient system for bioanalytical sample an...read more
Using Laser Ablation Electrospray Ionization (LAESI) technology native sample analysis has never been easier. Biological samples can be quickly analyzed and imaged under ambient conditions with virtually no sample preparation required. With quick integration and flexibility, the LAESI DP-1000 provides researchers with a high-performing, innovative, and efficient system for bioanalytical sample analysis by mass spectrometry.
Native Sample Ionization
The LAESI DP-1000 excels at processing diverse sample types by taking advantage of the natural properties of biological samples. As a "smart" source, the LAESI DP-1000 introduces any sample containing water to the mass spec, under ambient conditions. This native sample ionization virtually eliminates sample preparation commonly required for the broad range of applications commonly used with this technology. With no matrix addition required, the sample preparation is much easier and does not require any special instrumentation or advanced matrix spraying skills.
In addition to the reduction of sample preparation time and difficulty, native sample ionization allows for the analysis of living cells and tissues in their natural environment. Without the need to disturb or manipulate samples, the biomolecular profile is more accurate representation of the actual expression profile of the cells. This allows for more accurate data and a truly better understanding of what is happening at the molecular level inside the cells or tissues. The micrometer controlled stage is Peltier heated and cooled, so the LAESI DP-1000 can also be used for in situ reaction monitoring.
Being able to analyze native samples and biological fluids is enhanced by the quick processing time of the LAESI DP-1000. Without the need of any upstream LC sample separation, samples are directly ablated and then analyzed. The precisely controlled stage moves with ultra-fast precision and control, enabling sample acquisition in seconds. Whether analyzing 96 or 384 well plates, the LAESI DP-1000 software allows for one a run per plate option for even faster data acquisition. The stage and control software acts as a temperature controlled autosampler, which allows for preprogramming and automatic sample analysis. For imaging of samples, various laser raster settings can be programmed for rapid biomolecular profiling.
The LAESI DP-1000 excels at providing both qualitative and quantitative data for two dimensional and 3D tissue imaging workflows. With virtually no sample preparation required, the LAESI DP-1000 elegantly maps the spatial distribution of any other desired biomolecule of interest in either two or three dimensions. Mapping is aided by the use of a high resolution, wide angle camera used for capturing pre- and post-analysis photos of the sample. In addition to the wide angle camera, a near-field camera is equipped for viewing and targeting the sample area of interest. In order to provide the accurate spatial resolution data, the LAESI DP-1000 uses an ultraprecise XYZ stage for supreme sample movement and control while scanning. Three dimensional imaging is made possible as the powerful onboard laser tunnels through thicker sections of tissues, while capturing data with every laser pulse. The laser tunneling eliminates the need for sample slicing and complicated sample alignment issues. Once the sample has been analyzed, the LAESI DP-1000 uses ProteaPlot™ imaging software to create publication quality contour plots showing the geographic distribution of molecules throughout the tissue.
Quick Workflow Integration and Flexibility
The LAESI DP-1000 conveniently integrates with different mass spectrometers, including single quad, triple quad, time of flight and HDMS systems from several manufactures. This integration capitalizes on high resolution, accurate mass and quantitative aspects of a coupled mass spec system. Fully adjustable height and cantilever movements of the LAESI DP-1000 easily adjust to fit various bench heights and mass spec set-ups. LAESI DP-1000 set-up and installation is intuitive, and the system can be easily removed for alternative upstream chromatography workflows using the same mass spectrometer.
Application notes and news
- Mass Spectrometry Imaging of Skin Wound Healing Biomarkers Using Laser Ablation Electrospray Ionization Mas...
- Protea® LAESI® DP-1000 Direct Ionization System: Application Compendium
- proteaWORKS™ Imaging and Bioanalytical Laboratory: Case Study Compendium
- In Vivo Mass Spectrometry with the LAESI® DP-1000 System: A New Tool for Native Biomolecular Profi...
- Direct Sample Analysis Without Extraction Using Laser Ablation Electrospray Ionization (LAESI)
- Molecular Imaging of Animal and Human Tissue Samples by LAESI-MS
- Lipid Imaging from Mouse Brains Using LAESI-MS and MALDI-MS Imaging
- Analysis of Verapamil on Dried Blood Spot Cards
- Imaging Lipids in Mouse Brain Tissue
- Rapid Analysis of Cells with the LAESI DP-1000 System
- Analysis of Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Silica TLC Plates
- Direct Analysis of Fexofenadine and Pseudoephedrine in Urine
- Quantitation of Verapamil in Human Plasma
- Protea Enters Into Collaborative Research Agreement with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the...
- Protea & VCU Enter Into Molecular Imaging Research Partnership
- INPART Selects LAESI DP-1000 for Natural Product-Based Drug Discovery
- Protea to Showcase New Applications with LAESI DP-1000 Platform and New Mass Spectrometry Imaging Services ...
- Extended Mass Spec Imaging Services Now Available from Protea Biosciences
- Direct Ionization System on Display at analytica