IonPac® CS16 Cation-Exchange Column
High-Capacity Carboxylate-Functionalized Column for Disparate Sodium and Ammonium Concentrations
The IonPac® CS16 is the column of choice for disparate concentration ratios of adjacent eluting cations such as sodium and ammonium in diverse sample matrices. The high-capacity, high-resolution CS16 column can be used for short-chained amines, including alkylamines and alkanolamines, in diverse sample matrices. The CS16 column is now available in capillary format (0.5 × 250 mm) offering reduced eluent consumption and reduced operating costs.
Using an isocratic acid eluent and elevated temperature (40 °C) coupled with suppressed conductivity, ratios up to 10,000:1 of sodium and ammonium can be resolved in less than 20 min. Sample matrices include environmental waters; power plant waters treated with ammonium, morpholine or ethanolamine; chemical additives; chemical process solutions; scrubber solutions; plating baths; and industrial solvents. The CS16 is designed for use in most IonPac CS15 applications.
IonPac® CS16 Cation-Exchange Column Features:
- For disparate concentration ratios of close-eluting cations such as ammonium and sodium in complex matrices
- Ideal for trace-level ammonium in high concentrations of sodium
- Ideal for trace-level sodium in high concentrations of ammonium or amines
- Best carboxylate-functionalized column to tolerate samples with low pH
- Isocratic acid eluent and elevated temperature (40 °C) required for sodium: ammonium ratios to 1:10,000
- Gradient MSA eluent and elevated temperature required for sodium: ammonium ratios up to 1:20,000
- Useful for short-chained amines, including alkylamines and alkanolamines
- Compatible with organic solvents excluding alcohols
- Particle Size: 5 µm
- Length: 50, 250 mm
- ID: 0.5, 3.0, 5.0 mm