FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent
- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
Roche FuGENE HD Transfection Reagent is a next-generation transfection reagent, free of animal-derived components.
Roche FuGENE HD Transfection Reagent is designed to transfect a wide range of eukaryotic cells, including insect cells and many tumor cell lines not transfected well by other reagents (e.g., MCF7, Hep G2, PC-3, HeLa, MA-10, Hep G2, SH-SY5Y, A7r5, STO, SCC-61, SQ20B, T98G, STSAR-90, A375, A549, and others). In addition, embryonic stem cells are effectively transfected with FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent.
Roche FuGENE HD Transfection Reagent can be successfully used in a variety of applications, such as gene expression analysis and protein production using transiently transfected cells, generation of stable cell lines, generation of retroviruses and lentiviruses, expression of shRNA for Gene Knockdown studies, in drug discovery programs, and for target validation.
Features of Roche FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent:
- Achieve new levels of transfection efficiency in difficult-to-transfect cell lines, such as RAW 264.7 and many tumor cell lines that are not transfected well by other reagents.
- Select FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent for the transfection of stem cells and obtain superior results, as demonstrated in a publication (Biochemica, 4, 2006; 24 – 26) where the reagent was compared with a pool of 37 other transfection reagents.
- Generate physiologically relevant data you can trust by using a reagent that has exceptionally low cytotoxicity, as measured through the amount of off-target effects and cell proliferation.
- Obtain higher expression levels of proteins in many adherent and suspension-adapted eukaryotic cell lines (HEK-293, CHO-S, CHO-K1, COS-7) and insect cell lines such as High Five and Sf9, over extended periods with scalability that other reagents cannot provide.
- Accelerate the move to development by using this unique non-liposomal reagent that is free of animal-derived components, stable at room temperature, sterile (0.1 µm filtered), and active in up to 100% serum. The ability to transfect cells in up to 100% serum provides a good model to mimic biological conditions.
- Increase experimental throughput and enable target validation by using a stable reagent with a simple, consistent, and fast protocol across a wide range of cell types.
Application notes and news
- Workflow for Determining the Apoptotic Effects of Caspase-8 Overexpression in HeLa Cells
- Discover How Roche Applied Science Drives Success in Cancer Research
- Join Roche Applied Science at ASCB 2008 in San Francisco, December 13-17.
- FuGENE® Transfection Reagents – Meet the Winners of the Roche Transfection Research Award
See all reviews
Member since 2013
University of Basel
Read more »
"This is a very good transfection agent that provides high efficacy. Also, it has low toxicity and is good value."
|Arun Kumar Nalla|
See all reviews
Member since 2011
UNIV. OF ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AT PEORIA
Read more »
"Transfection efficiency is around 70%. it works fine both in over expression and shrna plasmid on a variety of cell lines."