The digital FALCON BLUE EMCCD camera, model FA285B-CL, combines high sensitivity, speed and high resolution.
It uses a peltier cooled Texas Instruments' 1MegaPixel Frame Transfer Impactron device which provides QE up to 65%. It has a Fused Silica window for enhanced transmission down to 180nm. It uses a 16 bit A/D converter and offers a standard CameraLink output.
The Falcon camera offers outstanding performance for low light applications such as fluorescence imaging, astronomy, electrophoresis, X-ray and hyperspectral imaging.
The camera is fully compatible with the XCAP software from EPIX (link). This high performance Image Analysis Software offers easy-to-use menus and dialogs and allows simple or complex imaging tasks to be effortlessly completed.
FALCON is also fully compatible with the Micro-Manager software. uManager provides a universal, flexible and free software platform for automated microscopy. Combined with ImageJ, mManager provides a full featured microscope management and image processing package, with quality and ease of use standards equal to commercial software.
Falcon BLUE EMCCD Camera Features:
- 1004 x 1002 EMCCD sensor - Enables optimum image resolution in low light imaging applications
- B/W EMCCD technology - Enables high sensitivity imaging with up to 1000x on-chip gain
- Fused Silica window - enhanced transmission down to 180nm
- 16 bit CameraLink output - Provides wide dynamic range
- 65% QE from Virtual Phase sensor - Optimum Photon collection
- Frame Transfer - No mechanical shutter required, vibration-less CCD readout
- Realtime Imaging - Optimum image sharpness in ALL light conditions