See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"The 5 ml tube is ideal to prepare solutions in a slightly bigger volume but not too big like a 15 ml tube. It works perfectly as a normal eppendorf tube and is ideal to use with 1000ul pipette too. "
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Read more »
"The 5 ml tubes give you a lot more flexibility of manipulations of samples in a tube. For example, if you have to use a tissue homogenizer on a small volume, such as 3 ml, the 5 ml tube has enough volume to accommodate this. They fit in tube racks made for 15 ml conical tubes, which is convenient. The price seems high, since they are the same approximate price as the 15 ml conical tubes, but they have different uses. My only complaint is that the way Eppendorf has manufactured them with an outline of their logo underneath the cap, it can be hard to see what you wrote on the top."
Eppendorf Tubes are the benchmark for simple and safe sample preparation from 0.5 to 2.0 mL. For larger volumes, 15 mL and 50 mL conical tubes are available.
With medium sample volumes you may face an issue: they need to be processed with large conical screw cap tubes - impractical, inconvenient and often prone to contamination. Eppendorf now offers the "missing link": the Eppendorf Tube 5.0 mL. This product fills the gap between existing tube versions and enables the simple and safe processing of sample volumes up to 5.0 mL!
Eppendorf Tubes® 5.0 mL Features:
- Ergonomic operation - Simple, practical and ergonomic single-hand operation. Large labeling area.
- Lid design - Hinged lid for minimized sample evaporation during storage and incubation in a wide range of temperatures from -86 °C to 80 °C.
- Material - Exceptionally high-quality, transparent polypropylene, free of plasticizers, biocides or mold release agents, for reliable test results.
- Certified purity - Available in lot-tested and certified Eppendorf Quality, PCR clean, Sterile and Eppendorf Biopur® purity levels.
- Centrifugation safety - Maximum safety and stability for centrifugation up to 25,000 × g and fast and efficient protocols.
- Conical shape - Compatible with accessories for conical 15 mL tubes - many existing adapters and racks can be used.
- Sample recovery - Available in Eppendorf LoBind® material for maximum recovery of valuable samples.
- Easier processing of samples up to 5.0 mL
- Higher yields in DNA isolation, especially with samples with limited quantity of source material
- Convenient and safe cell culture applications
- Easier sample access lowers the risk of contamination
- Preparation of mastermixes and buffers
- Less storage space needed
- Safe cell and tissue lysis
Application notes and news
- Increased Yield with Isolation of a Low-Copy Plasmid Using Eppendorf Tubes® 5.0 mL Compared to the 1.5 mL a...
- Applications of the New Eppendorf 5.0 mL system
- Eppendorf to Present Latest Innovations and Extensive Product Portfolio at Biotechnica 2013
- New Eppendorf Tube 5.0 mL System Fills the Volume Gap in Sample Preparation and Storage