The Eppendorf BioSpectrometer® is a small, very compact spectrophotometer for measurements in the UV and VIS range. Spectra can be recorded and individual wavelength measurements can be made in a spectral range of 200 nm to 830 nm. What's more, the cuvette shaft of the BioSpectrometer kinetic is temperature controlled from +20ºC to +42ºC, meaning that enzyme and substrate kinetics can be measured directly in the device. No device upgrade with accessories is necessary for temperature control.The BioSpectrometer fluorescence in addition to the BioSpectrometer basic has the option to determine very low concentrations of biomolecules using fluorescent dyes and can increase the measuring range by a factor of 1,000, for detecting DNA for example.
• UV/Vis spectral range 220 nm to 830 nm
• Xenon flash lamp with very long service life
• Preprogrammed methods for a quick start
• Guided software process to minimize errors
• Operation directly on the device, no PC necessary
• Large, easy-to-read 5.7-inch color display
• Storage of measuring results (> 1,000) right in the device
• Integrated data processing option for specific methods
Only BioSpectrometer kinetic:
• Integrated Peltier element for temperature control of the cuvette shaft
• Freely selectable cuvette shaft temperature control in a range of +20°C to +42°C with 0.1°C increments
• Preprogrammed and freely programmable kinetic methods
• Subsequent modification of the time window for regression evaluation
Only BioSpectrometer fluorescence:
• Integrated fluorescence unit
• Preprogrammed and freely selectable applications and fluorescence applications
• Fluorescence intensity across a range of 0.5 nM bis 2,000 nM
• Fluorescence excitation wavelength of 470 nm
• Fluorescence emission wavelengths at 520 nm and 560 nm
For more information about the BioSpectrometer fluorescence, please click here
In addition to standard cuvettes such as the Eppendorf UVette, special microliter measuring cells such as the Eppendorf µCuvette™ G1.0 can be used to measure the most minute volumes. With this option, the Eppendorf BioSpectrometers cover a wide range of concentrations and volumes in addition to standard laboratory methods.
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!