EDX-7000/8000 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometers
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc.
Incorporating a new high-performance semiconductor detector, Shimadzu’s EDX-7000/8000 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometers offer excellent sensitivity, resolution, and throughput for a...read more
Incorporating a new high-performance semiconductor detector, Shimadzu’s EDX-7000/8000 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometers offer excellent sensitivity, resolution, and throughput for an array of applications, from general screening analysis to advanced materials research.
The EDX-7000/8000 systems’ new state-of-the-art semiconductor (SDD) detector offers a high fluorescent X-ray count per unit time. This enables precise, high-resolution analysis while increasing throughput by as much as a factor of 10 compared to the company's industry-leading predecessor. This speed allows researchers and labs to increase their productivity without sacrificing accuracy. In addition, since it is electronically cooled, the SDD detector does not require liquid nitrogen. This reduces running costs and maintenance requirements. When combined with optimized optics and five primary filters, the EDX-7000/8000 spectrometers achieve unprecedented levels of sensitivity and energy resolution.
The EDX-7000 provides a measurement range of 11Na to 92U, while the EDX-8000 has a range of 6C to 92U. Both systems are equipped with five primary filters, which enable highly sensitive analysis of trace elements, and a sample observation camera for precise sample positioning. A large sample chamber accommodates virtually any sample types small or large, including thin films, powders, slurries, emulsions and liquids.
Shimadzu’s EDX-7000/8000 spectrometers use PCEDX Navi operating software. Featuring a simple but refined user interface, the software offers intuitive operation, easy instrument initialization and startup, and a variety of report formats, which makes the systems easy to use for operators of all skill levels, from beginner to expert. PCEDX-Pro software is also available to support more advanced research functions.
Optional equipment includes a vacuum measurement unit and helium purge unit for highly sensitive measurement of light elements and a 12-sample turret for automated continuous measurements. In addition, a screening analysis kit allows users to start RoHS, halogen, or antimony screening with ease.
EDX-7000/8000 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometers Features:
- EDX-7000 measurement range: 11Na to 92U.
- EDX-8000 measurement range: 6C to 92U.
- Functional Design − Large Sample Chamber with Small Footprint (accomodates 210 mm x 297 mm x approx. 100 mmH, with little to no sample pretreatment.)
- High Sensitivity − Lower Limit of Detection Improved 1.5 to 5 Times.
- High Speed − Throughput Increased by up to a Factor of 10.
- No Liquid Nitrogen Required.
- The EDX-8000 features an SDD detector with a special ultra-thin-film window material that is able to detect ultra-light elements such as carbon (C), oxygen (O), and fluorine (F).
- Automatic collimator switching in four stages: 1, 3, 5, and 10 mm diameter.
- Sample observation camera included standard.
- Incorporate five primary filters as standard (six, including the open position), which can be automatically changed using the software.
- The collimators and primary filters are driven independently and can be combined to address specific requirements.
- PCEDX Navi Software Allows Easy Operation from the Start.
Application notes and news
- Quantitative Analysis of Cement by EDX-8000
- Quantitative Analysis of Waste Oil by EDX-7000
- Quantitative Analysis of Elements in Small Quantity of Organic Matter by EDXRF - New Feature of Background ...
- Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Announces Product Launches, Presentations and Poster Sessions for Pittcon 2...
- Shimadzu's New EDX-7000 and EDX-8000 High Performance Energy-dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometers Of...