See all reviews
Member since 2011
Dundee University Drug Discovery Unit
Read more »
"This is a fantastic piece of equipment, does exactly what we required with high accuracy and precision. Sufficiently impressed that we will probably purchase another this year. We have not actually had to use the after sales service so I have given it a neutral score."
See all reviews
Member since 2011
University of Kansas
Read more »
"I love the Echo 550 nanoliter acoustic liquid handler. It is the most precise and accurate liquid handling instrument in our lab, and has the lowest volume dispersing range (2.5 nanoliter)."
Imagine preparing assay plates for siRNA screening, compound screening with biochemical and cell-based assays, PCR reactions and more all on a single liquid handling platform, with no tips and no cross-contamination. Labcyte has developed new acoustic droplet ejection (ADE) parameters that deliver built-in intelligence to enable users to transfer many different fluid types from a single instrument. All Echo systems come pre-calibrated so that you can switch among different fluid types with just a click of the mouse. No further adjustment is required for you to be productive immediately. These developments combine the latest discoveries in wavelength, power and timing requirements for ADE with real-time fluid measurement at multiple points during a run. The resulting algorithms solve some of the most significant liquid handling challenges with volatile, low-surface tension and/or meniscus-shifting fluids. Volumetric accuracy and precision for all fluids tested so far—including buffers, nucleic acid and protein solutions, surfactants, serum and cell culture media—are comparable to established performance with DMSO.
The Echo® 550 liquid handler introduced the world to acoustic droplet ejection (ADE). This award-winning instrument remains the proven choice for low-volume liquid handling in leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide. Like the Echo 520 and Echo 555 liquid handlers, the Echo 550 uses "touchless" ADE transfer technology. ADE uses sound energy to transfer 2.5 nL droplets from Echo-qualified 384- and 1536-well source plates into 96-, 384-, 1536- and 3456-well destination plates. This unique touchless technology eliminates consumable tip costs, washing, and cross-contamination. Unsurpassed volumetric precision (≤ 8% CV) and accuracy (≤ 10% CV) ensure superior results. Independent studies have shown that Echo liquid handlers eliminate false negatives due to sample loss on tip surfaces in low-concentration transfers. Like the Echo 555 liquid handler, the Echo 550 liquid handler reports both fluid volume and DMSO hydration.
Application notes and news
- Miniaturized Drug Sensitivity and Resistance Testing with the Echo® Liquid Handler and Access™ Workstation
- Automated RT-qPCR Utilizing the Access™ Workstation, the Echo® Liquid Handler, and RealTime Ready™ Reagents
- Echo® Application Highlight Miniaturized Genotyping Reactions
- Chemiluminescent Detection of PathHunter® Cell-Based GPCR and Kinase Assays
- Miniaturised High-Throughput siRNA Workflows and High-Throughput, low volume, siRNA Screening
- Painless Nanoliter-Transfer Accuracy Inspection for Busy Screeners
- Miniaturized Luminescent Metabolism Profiling Assays
- Moving Liquids with Sound Using Labcyte Technology Finds Drug Candidates that Traditional Lab Techniques Mi...
- A Sound Combination for Superior Miniaturized Assay Preparation
- Automatic Acoustic Liquid Handling with Dynamic Fluid Analysis™
- QIAGEN to Provide siRNA Libraries in Labcyte Acoustically Compatible Microplates
- Labcyte Receives 1st Patent in China for Droplet Ejection Technology and Liquid Transfer
- Labcyte Introduces Powerful New Fluid Capabilities for Echo® Liquid Handlers at SBS 2010
- Labcyte Expands Acoustic Dispensing and Launches Into New Markets
- Labcyte Introduces Powerful New Fluid Capabilities for Echo Liquid Handlers at LabAutomation 2010
- Labcyte and Deerac Fluidics Combine Forces to Enhance Low Volume Liquid Handling
- Labcyte Introduces Echo 520 Liquid Handler for Medium Throughput Laboratories
- Burnham Institute Selects Labcyte Acoustic Liquid Handling Technology
- Labcyte Awarded 28th U. S. Patent Describing Improved HTS Microplates for Low Volume Acoustic Transfer
- New Labcyte Software Expands Echo™ Applications to Secondary Screening
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries