DryDisk Separation Membrane with PTFE Filtration MembraneHorizon Technology, Inc.
DryDisk Separation Membrane
with PTFE Filtration Membrane
DryDisk Separation Membranes offer a much more efficient means of drying solvents in organic extractions than sodium sulfate. Because it is a physical separation rather than a chemical process to remove residual water from organic solvent extracts, DryDisk Separation Membranes eliminate the problems inherent with chemical drying such as retention of water-soluble compounds, over-saturation, clogging, oven drying, messy waste removal, and inability to handle emulsions.
The labor required to dry extracted samples using DryDisk Separation Membranes is significantly less than that of the multi-step chemical process. Faster sample turn-around times lower laboratory costs while increasing overall productivity. The non-contaminating, hydrophobic PTFE membrane will not interfere with the adsorption of analytes, increasing your range of analyte testing with complete, consistent recoveries.
Advantages of DryDisk Separation Membrane over sodium sulfate drying:
• Faster sample processing
• Increased sample throughput
• Unlimited capacity for water
• Works on emulsions
• Less lab waste and no oven drying
Application notes and news
- The Extraction of Chlorinated Pesticides, Herbicides, and Organohalides for EPA Method 508.1 Using Automate...
- Fast Automated SPE and GC/MS Analysis of PAH Compounds in Tap Water Using the SPE-DEX ® 4790 Automated Extr...
- Extracting Semi-Volatile Organics from Drinking Water by EPA Method 525.3 using the SmartPrep Cartridge Ext...