Cary 5000 UV-Vis-NIR Spectrophotometer
The Cary 5000 is a high performance UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometer with superb photometric performance in the 175-3300 nm range. Using a PbSmart detector, the Cary 5000 extends its NIR range to 3300 nm making it a powerful tool for materials science research. Controlled by the Cary WinUV software, a modular Windows-based software, makes it easy to perform powerful analysis and control a number ...read more
2 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2009
United States Department of Agriculture
Read more »
"This instrument has the range of two instruments in one. If you are limited on space this is an advantage but if you have a busy lab you may want to consider two dedicated instruments. The cost with accessories is similar in either case. The instrument performs fine, it’s reliable, and easy to setup for data collection. The software is not my favorite but most processing is done with more specialized chemometric programs anyway."
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"The instrument was very easy to learn as an undergraduate. The interface and the theory are both good for the undergraduate environment. "
The Cary 5000 is a high performance UV-Vis-NIR spectrophotometer with superb photometric performance in the 175-3300 nm range.
Using a PbSmart detector, the Cary 5000 extends its NIR range to 3300 nm making it a powerful tool for materials science research. Controlled by the Cary WinUV software, a modular Windows-based software, makes it easy to perform powerful analysis and control a number of optional accessories. The large sample compartment can be expanded to hold large accessories and integrating spheres for spectral and diffuse reflectance. The LockDown mechanism makes it possible to quickly change and position accessories for reproducible results.
- Measure beyond 8.0 absorbance units with reference beam attenuation
- Measure 175 to 3300 nm using a PbSmart NIR detector for extended photometric range
- WinUV software – modular software with power analysis and enhanced transfer and report export capabilities
- Versatile set of accessories for materials research including spectral and diffuse reflectance
- Variable slit widths (down to 0.01 nm) for optimum control over data resolution
- Large sample compartment with LockDown mechanism for quick changes and positioning for reproducible results
- Maximum light throughput using Schwarzchild coupling optics for higher accuracy at low transmission levels
- Minimal noise and stray light using a floating aluminum casting and double Littrow monochromator
- Extended dynamic range by attenuating the reference beam more in line with the sample absorbance
- Nitrogen pumping – separate purging in the sample and monochromator compartments