ASE 200 Extraction System
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"very good hot solvent extraction system!"
Extractions that normally take hours can be done in minutes using Thermo Scientific Accelerated Solvent Extraction System (ASE®). Compared to techniques like Soxhlet and sonication, ASE generates results in a fraction of the time. In addition to speed, ASE offers a lower cost per sample than other techniques by reducing solvent consumption by up to 90%.
• Extractions in minutes
• Dramatic solvent reduction
• Wide range of applications
• Approved for use by the U.S. EPA and CLP Program
• Automated Extraction of up to 24 samples
• Sample Cell sizes: 1, 5, 11, 22, and 33 mL
• Collection bottle 40 or 60 mL
• Operating pressure 500–3000 PSI (35–200 Bar)
Time is of the essence in most analytical laboratories. By using conventional liquid solvents at elevated temperatures and pressures, ASE increases the efficiency of the extraction process. Increased temperature accelerates the extraction kinetics, and elevated pressure keeps the solvent below its boiling point, thus enabling safe and rapid extractions. When an extraction takes only 15 min to complete, you can get to the data faster than ever before.
Although ASE uses the same aqueous and organic solvents as traditional extraction methods, it uses them more efficiently. Therefore, you use less solvent volume per sample, and instant savings for your operation. A typical ASE extraction is done using only 15-45 mLs of solvent.
Application notes and news
- Extraction of Oils from Oilseeds by Accelerated Solvent Extraction
- Rapid Determination of Fat in Meat Using Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE)
- Selective Extraction of PCBs from Fish Tissue Using Accelerated Solvent Extraction
- Use of Accelerated Solvent Extraction to Improve Laboratory Workflow
- Use of Accelerated Solvent Extraction with In-Cell Cleanup to Eliminate Sample Cleanup during Sample Prepar...
- Extraction of Fat from Chocolate