ambr 250 - Bioreactor System
ambr 250™ is a new bioreactor system for parallel fermentation using single-use bioreactors controlled by an automated workstation.
The new system, developed with two major industrial partners, builds on TAP’s successful microbioreactor technology, adding increased fermentation volumes, as well as individual bioreactor temperature and impeller control.
ambr 250 provides an efficient, high throughput scale-down model for process development.
New, single use 100-250ml reactor vessels have been developed for use with the system – avoiding the need to clean reactors and sensors between runs.
The design includes a novel “easy connect” process enabling all gas, liquid and sensor connections to be made, quickly and simply, for fast turnaround between experiments.
ambr 250 - Bioreactor System Benefits:
- Fully automated system - media fill, inoculation, sampling and feeding
- Individual control for each bioreactor vessel - temperature, impeller speed,
pH and DO
- Integrated control of multiple bioreactors (12 or 24)
- A better tool for process development of microbes
- Rapid evaluation of a wide range of conditions and cell line/strain performance
- Excellent scalability to large-scale, bench top bioreactors
- Process development for biopharma and industrial biotech
- Process robustness experimentation in support of QbD studies
- Automation of DOE approaches to process automation