892 Professional Rancimat
Metrohm launches the 892 Professional Rancimat with new StabNet software
Over the years, the Metrohm Rancimat has become the standard device for measuring the oxidation stability of fats and oils. In fact, the Rancimat is so popular that these days this standard test method goes by the name «Rancimat method». Metrohm now launches a new generation of this widely popular instrument including the completely new StabNet software.
One of the most important new features of the 892 Professional Rancimat is that determinations can now be started independently at the touch of a button directly at each of the instrument’s 8 measuring positions. The user in the lab does no longer have to go to his lap- or benchtop to do so.
Moreover, the new Rancimat generation comes with a display at the front-top side of the instrument communicating key information (e.g., temperature, gas flow, conductivity) on the status of the determination on each of instrument’s 8 measuring positions.
On the other hand, the new StabNet software contributes very much to the improved usability of the new Rancimat generation. Thus, the user interface is well structured enabling intuitive use; a client-server version with advanced user administration for improved data security is available, and the complete software complies with FDA title 21 CFR part 11.
While these new technical features improve ease of use of the instrument, application of methods on the new 892 Professional Rancimat stays the same, namely the most important international standard methods:
- AOCS Cd 12b-92 (AOCS – American Oil Chemists’ Society) Sampling and analysis of commercial fats and oils: Oil Stability Index
- ISO 6886 Animal and vegetable fats and oils – Determination of oxidative stability (accelerated oxidation test)
- 188.8.131.52-93 Fat stability test on Autoxidation. CDM, Japan
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries