Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that at the 18th Annual International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC) it will showcase a variety of innovative mass spectrometry solutions that deliver improved analytical performance and ease of use. During the conference, which runs from Aug. 30 to Sept. 4 in Bremen, Germany, the company will showcase these solutions at the Thermo Scientific booth A+1 within Messe Bremen Hall 4.1
Thermo Fisher to Showcase Mass Spectrometry Applications and Solutions at IMSC 2009
“Thermo Fisher is proud to be part of IMSC 2009 in Bremen, the home of our revolutionary Orbitrap™ technology,” said Dr. Ian Jardine, vice president of global research and development for Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The products we are showcasing for the first time at IMSC offer our customers a huge advantage in resolving the high levels of analytical complexity they find in areas like proteomics and metabolism. Innovative new technologies like the Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ deliver a combination of data quality, sensitivity and high mass accuracy that is simply not available anywhere else.”
At IMSC 2009 Thermo Fisher will feature mass spectrometry solutions for proteomics, drug discovery, biomarker research, food safety, environmental analysis, toxicology, forensics, climate research and many more industries and applications.
Featured Thermo Scientific hardware technologies at IMSC include:
• LTQ Velos™ ion trap mass spectrometer – New dual-pressure ion trap technology enables optimal pressures during analysis, increasing both scan speed and resolution. This provides greater coverage in the analysis of complex peptide mixtures and improves protein identification at low sample levels.
• LTQ Orbitrap Velos hybrid mass spectrometer – This new system’s innovative and efficient HCD cell technology provides improved quantitation of isobarically-labeled peptides. Electron Transfer Dissociation (ETD) generates complementary information for highly sensitive PTM analyses and de novo sequencing.
• Exactive™ benchtop LC-MS – This system and its companion Pathfinder software are designed for high-throughput and high-performance screening and compound identification applications. Leveraging Orbitrap technology, Exactive offers resolutions of up to 100,000 for precise mass identification.
• TSQ Vantage™ triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometer – New ion optics deliver up to 10 times more sensitivity than previous optics, without a commensurate increase in noise. For the quantitative analysis of small molecules, peptides, biosimilars, and biologics, the Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage delivers the highest sensitivity with the lowest noise.
• TSQ Quantum GC™ mass spectrometer – This system’s ability to define up to 3000 unique SRM transitions per run makes it uniquely suited to multi-component target compound analysis. Simultaneous quantitation and structural confirmation are provided via Quantitation-Enhanced Data-Dependent MS/MS (QED-MS/MS).
• TSQ Quantum Access MAX™ triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometer with TraceFinder™ software – A complete workflow solution for food and environmental safety testing, this system performs library matching, structural confirmation and quantitation of hundreds of compounds in an experiment.
• MAT 253 isotope ratio mass spectrometer coupled to the KIEL IV Carbonate Device – These instruments are ideal for isotopic analysis of small carbonate samples, providing high linearity, sensitivity and throughput in climate research applications such as paleoclimatic reconstructions.
• irm-GC/MS – isotope ratio monitoring GC/MS reveals the history and origin of individual compounds by reading their isotopic signature at highest precision. irm-GC/MS is ideal for analysis in fields including geochemistry, ecology, petrology, forensics, food testing and environmental studies.
• XSERIES 2 quadrupole ICP-MS analyzer for routine and high performance ICP-QMS applications - featuring advanced H2/He collision cell technology (licensed from Battelle) the XSERIES 2 overcomes the challenges of spectroscopic interferences, providing uncompromised multi-element analysis for all elements including Ca, Fe, As and Se.
Featured Thermo Scientific software technologies at IMSC include:
• Watson™ LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) 7.4 – Purpose-built for bioanalytical applications, this software now includes a built-in data interchange with the company’s TSQ Series mass spectrometers, allowing for direct data acquisition, peak integration and re-integration, storage, archiving and reporting of raw data, all under the control of Watson’s centralized Oracle® repository.
• Pinpoint™ software and iSRM – These products increase the productivity of quantitative proteomics research. Intelligent Selective Reaction Monitoring (iSRM) improves the throughput of SRM assays, while Pinpoint software offers automated method development and quantitative analysis of SRM-based targeted peptide assays.
• Mass Frontier 6.0 – This powerful software helps manage, evaluate and interpret MSn spectra. It’s ideal for small molecule structural elucidations in metabolite identification and impurity analysis in pharmaceutical and toxicology studies.
Other Thermo Scientific technologies on display at booth A+1 at IMSC include the KingFisher Flex system for purifying DNA, RNA or proteins; the Accela™ 600 Pump for high flow rate applications, and QuickQuan™ software, which simplifies automation required in lead discovery and lead optimization environments.
Company websiteThermo Fisher Scientific