- Versatile Gas Chromatograph Series Featured at ASMS 2012
Product News: Versatile Gas Chromatograph Series Featured at ASMS 2012Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has featured the Thermo Scientific TRACE 1300 Series GC during ASMS 2012. The new TRACE™ 1300 Series GC is a compact, versatile gas chromatography system that is designed to increase productivity and lower cost in QA/QC and routine laboratories working on environmental, chemical and food safety applications. It features unique user-exchangeable instant connect injectors and detectors and an intuitive interface that delivers reliable results and maximum sensitivity.
The company is featuring the new TRACE 1300 Series GC within the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Vancouver Convention Center (Parkview Terrace – Rooms 1, 2 and 3) during ASMS 2012, being held May 20-24.
The TRACE 1300 Series GC comes in two models: the TRACE 1300 GC and TRACE 1310 GC. The TRACE 1300 GC is ideal for budget-conscious laboratories carrying out routine analysis; its simplified interface requires limited user interaction, so it can run 24/7 with limited staff oversight. The TRACE 1310 GC, ideal for QA/QC laboratories or those focused on methods development, features an icon-based touch screen for more precise user control.
Both systems benefit from a robust design that is durable yet easy to use and maintain. Specific features include:
• User-exchangeable instant connect injectors and detectors that can be mounted in two minutes or less for rapid change if a different injection or detection technique is required.
• New micro-volume detectors designed for higher sensitivity and faster peak detection.
• Optional injector back-flush option that eliminates heavy or undesired compounds to protect column and detectors, increase sensitivity and ease maintenance.
• Full control and easy programming with the scalable Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon Data System, which streamlines path from samples to results and enhances operational simplicity.
“The TRACE 1300 Series GC is the ultimate combination of performance and productivity, designed with customers’ input to help make labs more productive without compromising performance,” said Massimo Santoro, global gas chromatography product manager at Thermo Fisher. “What’s more, the new series relies on the Chromeleon Chromatography Data System, showing how the recent Dionex acquisition is already paying dividends for our GC customers.”