- Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces 9 mm Closure System for 12 x 32 mm Vials
Product News: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces 9 mm Closure System for 12 x 32 mm VialsThermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. has launched the Thermo Scientific National Target DP 9 mm C5000 series vial closure system. It is designed to virtually eliminate septa push-through while significantly enhancing productivity and flexibility.
The new National Target DP 9 mm closure is based on Thermo Fisher’s Advance Vial Closure System (AVCS), designed to overcome challenges long associated with 9 mm closures. It features a completely redesigned septa/cap interface that is designed to virtually eliminate septa push-through while improving sealing. Thermo Fisher’s in-house testing has also shown reduced evaporation compared to other 9 mm closures. In addition, the increased surface area available for injection provides compatibility with a broader range of autosamplers than previous designs.
Additional benefits include:
• Increased flexibility in choosing septa compared to bonded septa, which was the previous remedy for combating septa push-through.
• Improved ergonomics for more comfort and reduced laboratory glove wear.
• Reduced cost compared to bonded septa caps.
• PTFE-free closure featuring a truly piercable integral polypropylene membrane.
“This innovative closure design is just one example of our focus on discovering ways to help improve laboratory efficiency at many points along the workflow,” said Stephanie Urriola, product line director, chromatography vials and closures, Thermo Fisher. “When you consider the number of vials handled in a year, even an incremental increase in productivity adds up to substantial savings.”
Thermo Fisher offers more than 800 chromatography vial and closure products for virtually any instrument or application.