- New Multi-Analyte Array Available for the Detection of Multiple Antimicrobial Compounds in a Single Honey Sample
Product News: New Multi-Analyte Array Available for the Detection of Multiple Antimicrobial Compounds in a Single Honey SampleAntimicrobials are used to kill or prevent the presence of bacteria or viruses that are detrimental to health. They are used in the food production industry to treat infections but also to act as a growth promoting compound. The use of certain antimicrobials has been banned in food producing animals in many countries and maximum residue limits (MRLs) have been set in order to monitor antimicrobial usage.
Strict controls have been put in place due to serious concern over the health risk caused by excessive use of antimicrobials in food producing animals. This concern exists as the excessive presence of antimicrobials in food leads to the development of antibiotic resistant strains of micro-organisms.
A reliable and cost-effective screening method is required within the honey testing industry to ensure that the produce on our shelves is safe for consumers. Randox Food Diagnostics have developed the new Antimicrobial Array IV (AMIV) to detect multiple antimicrobial compounds in a single honey sample on the Evidence Investigator screening analyser. Unlike other commercially available kits that provide qualitative determination only, the AMIV testing platform is able to discriminate between compounds providing a quantitative concentration.
Benefits of the AMIV array include:
• Unique test platform - can detect 37 aminoglycosides and macrolide compounds
• Only commercially available test kit for Apramycin, Josamycin, Paromomycin, Amikacin, Hygromycin B, Tobramycin, Desmycosin and Tylosin
• Detects both marker residue and metabolites
• Rapid sample preparation - simple dilution in buffer
• 630 tests in <2hrs
• Excellent sensitivity