The leading-edge cooled color camera enables quick detection, image capture and high throughput. The software automates research with total system control and allows easy creation of templates for reproducible and consistent results.
Alex Waluszko, VP for Marketing/Sales, reports "Our market research identifies the requirement for quick viewing of fluorescent markers from whole organ to single cell was an unmet need. The iBox Explorer supplies an economical solution for even the smallest labs and budgets in the cancer research field."
One key component of the Explorer system is the new BioLite™ Xe excitation light source which provides a bright illumination source for fluorescent, visible, and NIR ranges. The BioLite Xe source houses a xenon lamp that allows brilliant excitation of fluorescent probes in a variety of applications. The BioLite Xe includes a motorized filter wheel for the addition of up to eight independent excitation filters for convenient switching between experiments and multiplexing applications.
The iBox Explorer Fluorescence Microscope is the ideal system for applications including:
• Tumor shedding and angiogenesis
• Micro/Macro metastases
• Tumor/host margins and interactions
• Tumor micro environment
• Primary tumor growth
• Hematogenous and Intralymphatic trafficking
UVP's CEO and President, Leighton Smith, said, "We are excited about the new iBox Explorer and its ability to not only see from the whole organ but also down to the individual cell level. The release of the iBox Explorer further demonstrates UVP’s commitment to the continuing development of unique imaging technologies for live animal and plant in vivo applications."
At AACR, UVP will show other BioImaging Systems including:
• BioSpectrum Imaging System designed to automate research with one-touch, pre-set or user-defined controls for accurate, repeatable imaging and analysis for chemiluminescence, bioluminescence, multiplex, fluorescence and colorimetric imaging. The BioSpectrum is faster than film for western blot imaging.
• GelDoc-It Imaging System with industry leading 2.0 megapixel CCD camera for brilliant gel images. Maximize gel documentation with the modular accessories for colorimetric and epi UV illumination. VisionWorks software enables easy to use functionality for simple image capture and quantitative analysis.
• BioDoc-It Imaging System with stand-alone design (no external computer required) and touch screen technology enables basic image capture. Allows images to be saved to USB or connect to network for transferring images.