- Versatile Gas Chromatograph Series Launched
Product News: Versatile Gas Chromatograph Series LaunchedThermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has announced the Thermo Scientific TRACE 1300 Series GC, a compact, versatile gas chromatography system that is designed to increase productivity and lower cost in QA/QC and routine laboratories working on environmental, chemical and food safety applications. It features unique user-exchangeable instant connect injectors and detectors and an intuitive interface in instruments that deliver reliable results and maximum sensitivity. The company showcased the new TRACE* 1300 Series GC in the Thermo Scientific booth during Pittcon 2012.
The TRACE 1300 Series GC comes in two models, the TRACE 1300 GC and TRACE 1310 GC. The TRACE 1300 GC is ideal for budget-conscious labs carrying out routine analysis; its simplified interface requires limited user interaction, so it can run 24/7 with limited staff oversight. The TRACE 1310 GC, ideal for QA/QC labs or labs focused on method development, features an icon-based touch screen interface for more precise user control.
Both systems benefit from robust design that is durable yet easy to use and maintain. Specific features include:
• User-exchangeable instant connect injectors and detectors that can be mounted in two minutes or less for quick changes if a different injection or detection technique is required.
• Newly designed micro-volume detectors that ensure higher sensitivity and fast peak detection.
• Optional injector back-flush option that eliminates heavy or undesired compounds to protect column and detectors, increase sensitivity and ease maintenance.
• Full control and easy programming with scalable Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon Data System that streamlines path from samples to results offering enhanced operational simplicity.
“The TRACE 1300 Series GC is the ultimate combination of performance and productivity, designed with customers input to help make labs more productive without compromising performance,” said Massimo Santoro, global gas chromatography product manager at Thermo Fisher. “What’s more, the Series relies on the Chromeleon Chromatography Data System, showing how the recent Dionex acquisition is already paying dividends for our GC customers.”