1 Mill, 2 Grinding Stations, 1001 Applications: The New Mixer Mill MM 400
17 Dec 2008
RETSCH’s new Mixer Mill MM 400 is the ideal tool for the fast and efficient homogenization of small sample volumes in the laboratory. It processes a great variety of materials such as tablets, minerals, bones, tissues, soils and plastics and achieves grind sizes down to 5 microns.
The MM 400 features two grinding stations and allows for the preparation of up to 20 samples simultaneously. A classic field of application is reproducible dry grinding, such as for sample preparation for subsequent XRF analysis. Thanks to screw-top, leak-proof grinding jars, wet grinding can be carried out in the MM 400 with 100% material recovery. For cryogenic grinding of temperature-sensitive samples, the mill offers the crucial advantage that 1-2 minutes of external cooling of the sample inside the grinding jar is sufficient to embrittle the sample material. The wide range of accessories for the MM 400 includes grinding jars in various sizes and materials, as well as adapter racks which can be equipped with 5 or 10 reaction vials. These are used for the disruption of cells and plant and animal tissue.
The benefits at a glance:
- Short grinding times and two grinding stations for high sample throughput
- Grinding jars available from 1.5 ml to 50 ml in 6 different materials
- Grind size: 5 µm (depending on material)
- 9 parameter combinations can be stored
- Reproducible results thanks to digital setting of grinding time and vibration intensity
Company websiteRetsch GmbH