7th Annual World Drug Manufacturing 2008
19 Jun 20087th Annual World Drug Manufacturing 2008 takes place 9-11th September at the Swissotel, Dusseldorf, Germany. Re-establishing itself as a must attend event for the dug manufacturing community, the initial response has surpassed expectations and places are now limited.
Shingo Prize workshops are coming to Europe! An integral part of WDM this year, are the Shingo prize workshops. Named after the ‘engineering genius’ industrial engineer Shigeo Shingo, the Shingo Prize aims to promote awareness of lean manufacturing strategies and recognise companies that achieve world class manufacturing status. The WDM workshops led by:
Robert D. Miller, Executive Director, Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence and
Jerry Bussell, Chairman of the Board of Governers The Shingo Prize
They for explain the Shingo approach to drug manufacturing operational excellence as well as dissecting a successful case study
Other leading speakers for the event include:
- Dr. Frank Hoffmann, Head of Global Operational Excellence at Merck Serono
- Bruce Davis, Global Capital Director at AstraZeneca PLC and International Board Director of ISPE
- Dr. Simon Gardiner, Associate Director, Operational Excellence, Genentech
- James Barton, Director, Capturing Global Advantage Pfizer
- Jean-François Ricard, Chemical Production Director, UCB s.a.
Key industry challenges to be discussed include:
- Implementing a structured operational excellence programme
- Vendor managed inventory – moving towards a leaner enterprise
- Continuous flow manufacturing – understanding opportunities for Pharma
- Creating transformational change through a lean manufacturing implementation
- Facility upgrades for 21st century GMP requirements
- Practical and technical applications to achieve quality by design
Pre-arranged one-to-one meetings take place 10th September, ensuring attendees meet the people they have selected in advance and make the most of their networking opportunities at the event.
Company websiteWorld Trade Group