- Drug Discovery Technology Europe 2007
Industry News: Drug Discovery Technology Europe 2007Drug Discovery Technology® Europe 2007 takes place from 12-15 March 2007 at the Novotel London West, UK and delivers a packed 4 stream agenda providing the very latest case studies and research on how innovative science and new technologies are being applied to make drug discovery faster, better and cheaper.
Over 80 academic and industry speakers - from start-up to global player - will showcase ground-breaking insights, approaches and technologies across our 4 problem-solving focused conference streams:
1. Target Validation to Lead Discovery
2. Lead Optimisation and Characterisation
3. Discovery to Development
4. Technologies for Translational Medicine and Innovative Use of I.T. Highlights include:
- Juergen Moll of NERVIANO MEDICAL SCIENCES on siRNA as a tool from target validation to early biomarker development
- Jerry Lanchbury of MYRIAD GENETICS INC on genetic and proteomic approaches to the expansion of drug target opportunities
- Uwe von Ahsen of BIOVERTIS with an integrated approach for the discovery of novel antibiotics
- Gerhard Mueller of GPC BIOTECH AG on the privileged structure concept applied to protein kinases from 1st generation inhibitors to chemo-kinetics
- Lorenz Mayr of NOVARTIS INSTITUTES OF BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH on the challenge of protein-protein interactions
- Hugo Kubinyi on chemical biology and chemogenomics
- Camille Wermuth of PRESTWICK CHEMICAL on selective optimisation of side activities – the SOSA approach
- Daniel L. Flynn of DECIPHERA PHARMACEUTICALS on the regulation of kinases by small molecules binding into biomimetic conformational switching pockets
- Francine C. Acher on metabotropic glutamate receptors from virtual screening to a hit-to-lead series
These sessions form just a small part of Drug Discovery Technology® Europe 2007. You can make your attendance as broad or as focussed as you like by choosing from four streams, each dedicated to one of the major problems facing drug discovery now.
Stream A: Target Validation and Lead Discovery
Stream B: Lead Generation and Lead Optimisation
Stream C: Discovery to Development Predicting Safety and Efficacy
Stream D: Optimising the Interface between Drug Discovery and Informatics
For more information about Drug Discovery Technology® Europe 2007 and how to book, please view the article webpage.