The American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) has announced a major program of 12 webinars for 2012. The series entitled High-Value Tests for High-Impact Diseases, will address four common health conditions, cardiac, diabetes, kidney, and thyroid. There will be three webinars on each topic.
The cost of treating these conditions can be greatly reduced by early detection via laboratory testing. This new program from AACC explores best practices for such testing, so that the laboratory can play a greater role in improving patient outcomes and reducing costs.
• Analytical and Clinical Issues Regarding Contemporary and High Sensitivity TNI
• Assays Biomarkers of Heart Failure: Current Status and Future Promise
• The Role of Biomarkers of Inflammation in Cardiovascular Disease
• The Pros and Cons of Using HbA1c for Diabetes Diagnosis
• Glucose Meter Accuracy and Glycemic Control: How Good is Good Enough?
• New Recommendations for Diagnosis of Hyperglycemia in Pregnancy
KIDNEY DISEASE & ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY
• Biomarkers for CKD: Glomerular Filtration and Progression of Kidney Disease
• Biomarkers for CKD: Urine Albumin and Multi-markers
• Biomarkers for Acute Kidney Injury: Now and the Future
• Perspectives in Thyroid Testing: Pros and Cons of Immunoassay and Mass Spectrometry
• Effective Laboratory Testing for Thyroid Health During Pregnancy
• Role of Clinical Lab Testing in Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Cancer
The webinars can be purchased from AACC as the complete series of 12, in sets of three by disease state, or individually. For a full list of webinar titles and descriptions, please follow the article link to the right of this page.