Zyla 4.2 - sCMOS Camera
Offering the highest QE available from sCMOS technology, coupled with extremely low read noise, 100 fps frame rate and ultra low fan vibration, Zyla 4.2 is ideal for applications such as ion signalling microscopy, light sheet microscopy, super-resolution microscopy and TIRF.
The newest addition to the Andor sCMOS camera portfolio, the Zyla 4.2 utilizes a high Quantum Efficiency (QE), low noise sensor variant, yielding frame rates up to 100 fps (faster from region of interest). The Zyla 4.2 is ideal for applications that benefit from optimal sensitivity and speed, such as calcium imaging, light sheet microscopy and super-resolution microscopy.
Zyla 4.2 delivers > 72% QE and down to 0.9 e- read noise, making it the most sensitive sCMOS camera available. The darkcurrent at 0°C is extremely competitive, at only 0.14 e-/pixel/sec benefiting from Andor's Dark Noise Suppression (DNS) Technology. Under moderate to fast frame rate operation, the Zyla 4.2 excels.
The ‘4T’ (4-transistor) design of the sensor pixel permits more photons to enter, driving Quantum Efficiency up to 72 % (@ 580nm). The 4T design also means that it is fundamentally a Rolling Shutter sensor. However, a feature called ‘Global Clear’ has been implemented, which allows for a simulated Global Exposure mode, which requires TTL communication between the camera and a pulsed light source, emulating the Global shutter exposure condition, albeit with less efficiency.
Zyla 4.2 sCMOS Camera Features:
- > 70% QE - Highest QE sCMOS sensor, providing optimal signal to noise in low light applications.
- 0.9 e- read noise - Lowest read noise sCMOS. Significantly lower than any CCD.
- Dark Noise Suppression (DNS) technology - Extremely competitive low darkcurrent of 0.14 e/pix/sec with fan cooling. Maintains low noise advantage across range of exposure conditions.
- 4.2 megapixel sensor format and 6.5 μm pixels - Delivers extremely sharp resolution over a 18.8 mm diagonal field of view; ideal for cell microscopy and astronomy.
- 100 fps sustained - '10-tap' Camera Link and high speed data processing harnesses fastest possible frame rate from sensor.
- Compact and Light - Ideal for integration into space restrictive set-ups. Ideal for OEM.
- Rolling Shutter and Simulated Global Exposure mode - Rolling shutter mode optimizes read noise and frame rate. Employ simulated Global shutter method if possibility of Rolling shutter spatial distortion.
- Dual-Gain Amplifiers - Maximum well depth and lowest noise simultaneously, affording extended dynamic range of 33,000:1.
- Ultra Low Fan Vibration - Designed with vibration sensitive experiments in mind, such as super-resolution microscopy.
- Water Cooled Option - Zyla 5.5 and Zyla 4.2 available as water cooled variant, for absolute lowest vibration and -10°C cooling / reduced darkcurrent.
- TE cooling to 0° C in 27 °C ambient - Ideal for OEM integration into enclosed systems.
- Extensive FPGA on-head data processing - Essential to ensure best image quality and quantitative fidelity from sCMOS technology.
- Hardware Timestamp - FPGA generated timestamp with 25ns accuracy.
- Dynamic Baseline Clamp - Essential to ensure quantitative accuracy across the image area and between successive images of a kinetic series.