Waters Atmospheric Pressure Gas Chromatography (APGC)
Waters Atmospheric Pressure Gas Chromatography (APGC) adds GC capability to today’s advanced MS technologies.
APGC is an ionisation source for Xevo® and SYNAPT® mass spectrometers. The ionisation is ‘soft‘ meaning that less fragmentation is observed for many compounds when compared with techniques such as EI. Reduced fragmentation can give higher sensitivity and specificity, therefore simplifying pre-cursor ion selection in MS/MS analyses.
Waters® Universal source architecture and Engineered Simplicity™ means that changeover from UPLC® to GC is quick and simple. Since APGC is not a vacuum technique equilibration time between techniques is kept to a minimum. This means that analysis can be tailored to business demands, maximizing up-time and instrument utilization.
Waters enhanced, unique MS technologies such as RADAR™, MSE & HDMS™ are now available to GC separations. Unlock the secrets of your sample and make sure you have the widest possible coverage from your analyses.
Waters Atmospheric Pressure Gas Chromatography (APGC) Features:
- High performance, ease of use allowing quick reaction to meet demands and increase throughput.
- Access to ultra-trace quantification.
- Comprehensive qualitative MS & MS/MS.
- High-resolution ion-mobility separations.
Application notes and news
- Faster, Easier, and more Accurate Food Safety Analyses
- A Validated Method for the Analysis of 142 Pesticide Residues Using Atmospheric Pressure GC Coupled with Ta...
- Minimizing Carryover During Dioxin Analysis Using the Xevo TQ-S with APGC
- Sensitive and Repeatable Analysis of Pesticides in QuEChERS Extracts with APGC-MS/MS