VERSA 1100 SPE Workstation
Automated solid phase extraction (SPE) is an increasingly useful technique designed for rapid sample preparation and purification for chromatographic or other analyses. Automated solid phase extraction (SPE) is a chromatographic separation technique utilized to remove solid or semi-solid compounds from a mixture in solution. Samples are concentrated and purified enabling downstream use by MS, GC, LC-MS, HPLC or other analytical methods.
Automated solid phase extraction (SPE) uses the affinity of dissolved or suspended solutes in the liquid (mobile) phase for the solid (stationary) phase, through which the solution is passed to separate the mixture into desirable components.
Clean-up, isolation & concentration of biological analytes such as:
• vitamin D from blood / serum samples
• Drugs of abuse in forensic samples
• Compounds for drug discovery
• Iso-flavonoides from urine samples
• Aflatoxins using malachite green in fish products
• Chloramphenicol in food
• Semi-volatile or non-volatile analytes
• Automation of sample preparation