Higher Resolution of a Large Number of Inorganic Anions and Organic Acid Anions in Complex Matrices with Smaller Particle Columns
Achieve the optimal combination of chromatographic speed and resolution using the new Thermo Scientific Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm anion-exchange column. This high-capacity, high-efficiency capillary column provides excellent resolution of a large number of organic acids and inorganic anions in complex sample matrices. Compared to the previous Dionex IonPac™ AS11-HC column, the new ion-exchange column uses smaller resin particles for more efficient separations resulting in more accurate peak integration and more reliable results. It has similar selectivity and increased peak efficiencies compared to the Dionex IonPac AS11-HC and was specifically designed to resolve a large number of inorganic anions and organic acids in a single run using a hydroxide gradient. Applications run on the Dionex IonPac AS11-HC column can be easily transferred to the Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column with the benefit of increased peak resolution, which provides more consistent results. The Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column is available in capillary format, 0.4 × 250 mm. The capillary format provides reduced eluent consumption, which helps reduce operating costs.
- Increase chromatographic resolution and quality of results.
- Use for organic acids and inorganic anions in complex sample matrices or uncharacterized samples.
- Recommended for monovalent and divalent organic acids.
- Use the Dionex IonPac AS11 column for fast analysis of organic acids and anions in well-characterized samples.
- Use the Dionex IonPac ICE-AS1 or ICE-AS6 columns for organic acids in high-ionic-strength samples.
- High-pressure capillary Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-5000 HPIC or ICS-4000 HPIC system is required to run at standard capillary flow rates.
The high-capacity Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column allows injection of more concentrated samples without column overloading or peak broadening, and provides improved separation over the Dionex IonPac AS11-HC column for monovalent carboxylic acids, including quinate, lactate, acetate, propionate, formate, and butyrate. Complex sample matrices such as chemical wastewater effluents and fermentation broth solutions containing a variety of inorganic anions and organic acids can be analyzed using the high resolution Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column.
The smaller resin particles used in the Dionex IonPac AS11-HC-4µm column produce a backpressure over 3000 psi at the standard capillary flow rate of 15 µL/min. A high-pressure capillary IC system, such as the Dionex ICS-5000 HPIC™ or the ICS-4000 HPIC is required to operate this column under standard conditions.