- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The Stratum Purge and Trap Concentrator (PTC) is a sample preparation instrument used to remove Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) out of aqueous and solid sample types using Helium or Nitrogen.
Teledyne Tekmar's Stratum Purge and Trap Concentrator (PTC) was built upon technology Tekmar developed in 1974 that revolutionized the way laboratories performed Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) testing. The Stratum PTC builds on eight previous generations, making us the industry’s cornerstone of technique and support.
The fundamentals of Purge and Trap are time proven. By bubbling a purge gas through your sample matrix, the VOCs are removed and collected on an analytical trap. After the purging is complete, the trap is heated and the VOCs are released and delivered to a gas chromatograph for separation and detection. The Stratum PTC uses components that are absolutely essential to perform a successful Purge and Trap analysis; those being a mass flow controller (MFC), superior trapping technology, and inert sample pathway.
The heart and soul of our Purge and Trap System is the Teledyne Hastings Mass Flow Controller. The MFC delivers the purge gas with unmatched precision and accuracy. The most advantageous feature of utilizing the MFC is the ability to instantaneously change the gas flows and pressures at any time during the Purge and Trap process.
One important key to minimize carryover is the Stratum PTC’s inert sample pathway. The tubing and fittings have been treated to provide unprecedented low carryover which permits the enduser to calibrate with more confidence.
Stratum Purge and Trap Concentrator (PTC) Features:
- Glassware can be ordered in 5 and 25mL with or without frit.
- The Stratum PTC utilizes Siltek® tubing and Siltek®-treated fittings throughout the sample path. This ensures resistance to corrosion and prevents loss of compounds.
- The Stratum PTC ships with a #9 proprietary U-shaped trap installed and a U-shaped Vocarb 3000 trap. This provides superior peak shape by allowing a volume for the desorbing gas to refocus before proceeding to the GC. The result is a dramatic improvement in your chromatographic resolution.
- The sensor is mounted on the outside of the glassware thus never coming in contact with the sample.
- Utilizes a patented digital MFC for independent programmable flow control.
- Easy installation, monitoring and maintenance of consumable parts.
- Sample and gas lines are color coded for rapid identification.
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans
Read more »
"The concentrator is the best that I have ever used. The sensitivity is extremely good and I haven't had any issues with it breaking down. I have not had any problems using it. I would recommend this product to anyone who analyzes VOC samples."