Corning Spin-X UF centrifugal concentrators offer a simple, one step procedure for concentrating or desalting proteins and other biomolecules with 90% or better recovery.
Features and Benefits:
• The patented vertical membrane design and thin channel filtration chamber (U.S. Patent No. 5,647,990), minimizes membrane fouling and provides fast, high speed concentrating, even with particle laden solutions.
• Integrated dead stop design eliminates risk of spinning to dryness; no re-spinning necessary
• Choice of three sizes for greater flexibility:
- Spin-X UF 500 for samples up to 500 µL
- Spin-X UF 6 for samples up to 6 mL
- Spin-X UF 20 for samples up to 20 mL, 14 mL if using fixed angle rotors
• Low binding polyethersulfone (PES) membranes are available with five molecular weight cut-offs (MWCO): 5,000, 10,000, 30,000, 50,000 and 100,000 to meet all of your concentrating needs. Choose an MWCO 1⁄2 to 1⁄3 smaller than the protein to be concentrated.
• The MWCO and graduations are printed right on the side of the concentrator tube to avoid mix-ups Spin-X UF 6 and 20 concentrators can be used with either swinging bucket or fixed angle rotors. Spin-X UF 500 concentrators require fixed angle rotors.
Corning Spin-X UF Applications:
• Concentration, desalting of proteins, enzymes,monoclonal antibodies, immunoglobulins
• Removal of labeled amino acids and nucleotides
• HPLC sample preparation
• Deproteinization of samples
• Recovery of biomolecules fromcell culture supernatants, lysates
• Concentrating virus fromcell culture supernatants