SEQUEST Cluster is a complete, preconfigured proteomics solution that enables accelerated throughput of increasingly complex, multidimensional informatics.
The SEQUEST Cluster offers a scalable solution for computing the large volumes of data typical in most proteomics analyses using LC/MS. Protein database search times are dramatically reduced by harnessing the power of several processing units in one, increasing throughput and saving the life scientist valuable time. Offered as an all-Windows or as a mixed Windows/Linux option, customers will have the choice to start small with a few processors and scale up as the demand for more throughput increases in their lab. The new SEQUEST Cluster includes several BioWorks 3.1 software features, including TurboSEQUEST, Enhanced XPRESS, Peptide Matching, ZSA for charge state analysis, and much more.
SEQUEST Cluster is optimized to enhance productivity by enabling the proteomics researcher to:
- Identify proteins automatically by comparing tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) data with standard protein and DNA databases
- Correctly identify weak-signal proteins in mixtures by extracting and cross-correlating uninterpreted MS/MS information
- Analyze a single spectrum or an entire LC/MS/MS peptide map automatically
- Using a loosely coupled parallel algorithm that matches the MSMS spectra of digest peptides with computer generated fragmentation spectra predicted from genomic and or/protein sequence database, SEQUEST Cluster demonstrates impressive scalability.
- SEQUEST Cluster greatly reduces the overhead of MS information management by allowing one instance of the application to analyze a large amount of data.
- Although the SEQUEST Cluster application runs within Microsoft ® Windows ®, compute nodes can use either Windows or Linux ®.
- The SEQUEST Cluster is bundled with Thermo Electron’s BioWorks 3.1 protein identification software suite, the industry standard for protein identification. BioWorks is engineered to reduce the complexity of the most sophisticated proteomics analyses.
SEQUEST is a registered trademark of the University of Washington. All other trademarks are the property of Thermo Electron Corporation and its subsidiaries.
Application notes and news
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!