Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer Spectrometer 3936
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Analyst / Analytical Chemist
Environmental Research / Testing
Read more »
"A practical instrument for particle sizing and counting. Can be used for liquid and dry samples. There are many options available to adapt to different applications. Excellent value, I would recommend these instruments due to the quality of the data obtained. Easy to use and robust. Works both in the lab and field under various conditions."
TSI's Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer Spectrometer 3936 spectrometer is a high resolution nanoparticle sizer that has long been hailed as the researcher's choice for nanoparticle size characterization for nano applications including nano research and development.
TSI’s SMPS™ Spectrometer is widely used as the standard method to measure airborne particle size distributions. These particle sizers are also routinely used to make accurate nanoparticle size measurements of particles suspended in liquids. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses a TSI DMA to size 60 nm and 100 nm standard reference materials suspended in liquid (polystyrene latex spheres or PSL.
SMPS™ spectrometer sizing is a discreet technique in which number concentrations are measured directly without assuming the shape of the particle size distribution. The method is independent of the refractive index of the particle or fluid, and has a high degree of absolute sizing accuracy and measurement repeatability. Trusted by researchers, the TSI Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer™ Spectrometer (SMPS) has provided high quality data for over 30 years.
Features and Benefits
• High resolution data – up to 167 channels
• Broad size range – from 2.5 nm to 1,000 nm
• Fast measurements – complete size distributions in 16 seconds
• Wide concentration range from 1 to 107 particles/cm3
• Flexible set-up options; choice of water or butanol CPC fluid; choice of traditional or non-radioactive neutralizer
• Computer automated flow control
• ISO 15900:2009 compliant particle sizing method
• Easy to set-up and operate
• Discreet particle measurement: works well for multi-mode samples independent of optical properties of the particles
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!