Thermo Scientific™ SampleManager LIMS is a flexible, scalable enterprise LIMS for companies seeking a corporate standard for Quality Control operations.
SampleManager is a proven tool for the efficient testing of samples that routinely pass through a typical lab - whether process testing, quality assurance, or R&D—by sorting test information and organizing it into specific report formats to meet regulatory requirements. The complete testing routine is managed, from sample login to testing, re-testing, and final reporting.
SampleManager 11, features advanced new tools and user-interface enhancements that improve laboratory process mapping, management and automation. Workflow capabilities simplify implementation, allowing lab managers to easily model their processes in SampleManager. As laboratory needs change, workflows can be modified to change with them. SampleManager 11 puts decision making power where it belongs, in the hands of users who can make logical choices about workflow, instrument integration and data reporting for management metrics or regulatory requirements. A workflow-driven LIMS delivers the agility necessary for today's businesses to transform as the regulatory or economic environment requires.
The latest release of SampleManager—the most widely deployed LIMS in the world now delivers workflow configurability, user-intuitive multiple sample login, point and click extensibility and enhanced data mining and tracking capabilities to benefit a wide range of industries, including pharmaceutical QA/QC, oil and gas, contract labs, food producers, environmental industries and others.
For LIMS Users: automated workflow guides users through lab processes, saving time and simplifying user interactions.
For Lab Managers: easily configurable workflow design allows the lab to adapt to changing business or regulatory requirements.
For IT and Systems Administration: .NET development environment for rapid prototyping and easier integration.
For Management: state-of-the-art data visualization tools to monitor and measure performance against key metrics.
SampleManager 11 at a Glance:
- Configurable Workflow and Extended Lifecycle Features
- Simplified User Interface where users can create multiple daily toolbars, providing easy access to frequently used functions
- New Sample Login giving more flexibility in splitting and merging samples and aliquots
- Internet Explorer features and improved support for Windows 7 and 8 with user-friendly search syntax
- Files, Web Links and Text Notes/Attachments for any entity available for inclusion in reports, ensuring compliance over the sample lifecycle.
SampleManager offers a highly-configurable instrument integration solution that doesn't require extensive custom coding. Data is automatically and securely captured from instruments, eliminating potential transcription errors and improving the flow and management of laboratory data. A standard interface is used within the lab and around the organization to integrate all the types and brands of instruments, simplifying and streamlining the operation, and offering all the benefits of increased automation.
Count on SampleManager for predictable deployments and consistent performance
- Full-featured for pharmaceutical QA/QC labs as well as industrial process labs
- Designed for organizations seeking to standardize a LIMS across all labs
- Easily configured and easy to use with proven, dependable technology at its core
- Can be implemented to support local and global lab deployments
- Scalable for a large user base
- Available in multiple languages
- Provides the foundation for a complete lab automation solution by integrating with instruments and laboratory and business systems, including PIMS, MES and ERP solutions
- For LIMS Users - Automated workflow guides users through lab processes, saving time and simplifying user interactions
- Lab personnel can rely on the LIMS workflow to automate the logical decisions driving their activities
- Simplified user interfaces allow users to create multiple daily toolbars, providing easy access to frequently used functions
- For Lab Managers and Users – Built-in functionality delivers improved efficiency, compliance and resource management
- Sample Point Scheduler, Label Designer, Report Designer, Instrument Templates, Location Hierarchy, Measurement Traceability, Operator Training, Stock Management, Multi-Lingual Support
- For IT and Systems Administration – Comprehensive .NET development environment for rapid prototyping and easier integration
- Multiple localization overlays, sophisticated user interfaces using new Form Designer, Integration Manager support,
- For Management – State-of-the-art data visualization tools to monitor and measure performance against key metrics
- Dashboards to track energy usage, waste reduction, resource utilization, standards compliance, lot traceability, hot spot alerts, production levels, quality parameters, geographical mapping
- Adopts open standards with fully engineered Microsoft .NET architecture using C#
- Three-tier client/server solution operating with Microsoft inductive user interface
- Web-enabled with a Service Oriented Architecture
- Configurable solution to provide enhanced functionality for specific industries
- Integrates the lab with process plant, enterprise, and desktop applications
- Auditable for laboratories operating in regulated environments
- Designed, developed, sold, implemented and supported within an ISO 9001/2008 environment
SampleManager LIMS Meets Enterprise Requirements
- Architecture: N-tier architecture using Microsoft .NET and supporting industry standard database technology
- Configurability: Flexible for different lab types without timely and costly coding
- Functionality: Robust, stable and reliable to ensure smooth, large-scale deployments
- Integration: Web Services for integration with different instruments and enterprise applications
- Internationalization: Multi-lingual support for global systems
- Reporting: Flexible reporting, providing even casual users outside the lab access to pertinent data
- Scalability: Able to support a large, growing number of users and labs
- Security: Sophisticated access controls to ensure secure access to data across the organization
- Standards: Industry-standard tools, languages and databases
- Support: Offered across the world and in multiple languages