Raptor™ Biphenyl LC Column
With Raptor™ LC columns, Restek chemists became the first to combine the speed of superficially porous particles (also known as SPP or “core-shell” particles) with the resolution of highly selective USLC® technology. This new breed of chromatographic column allows you to more easily achieve peak separation and faster analysis times without expensive UHPLC instrumentation. SPP core-shell colum...read more
1 scientist has reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Read more »
"This offers an interesting alternative to C18 and complex mobile phases for some difficult separations. It appears to have advantages over phenyl-hexyl, and with more experience, I may use the Raptor as my generic phase of first choice. It has good efficiency, allowing the possibility of shorter run times. It is well worth investigating for troublesome applications."
With Raptor™ LC columns, Restek chemists became the first to combine the speed of superficially porous particles (also known as SPP or “core-shell” particles) with the resolution of highly selective USLC® technology. This new breed of chromatographic column allows you to more easily achieve peak separation and faster analysis times without expensive UHPLC instrumentation.
SPP core-shell columns commonly employ traditional phenyl-hexyl stationary phases, but the innovative Biphenyl ligand, developed by Restek’s chemists, is the next generation of phenyl column chemistry. It provides greater aromatic selectivity than commercially available phenyl-hexyl columns and a greater degree of dispersion than conventional phenyls. As a result, the Raptor™ Biphenyl allows you to more easily separate bioanalytical compounds like aromatics, which elute early or are hard to separate on C18 or other phenyl chemistries.
One of the greatest advantages of an SPP column is the ability to achieve fast, efficient separations by operating at higher linear velocities than are possible with a convbentiaonal fully porous particle column. However this can also result in higher back pressures. Raptor™ columns were designed to handle the increased pressures needed to achieve Selectively Accelerated, and handle it far better than other SPP columns on the market.
Raptor™ Biphenyl LC Column Features & Benefits:
- Higher efficiency for drastically faster analysis times.
- Better selectivity for substantially improved resolution.
- Increased sample throughput with existing HPLC instrumentation.
- Ideal for bioanalytical testing applications like drug and metabolite analyses.
- Heightened selectivity and retention for compounds that are hard to resolve or elute early on C18 and other phenyl chemistries.
- Limits ionization suppression and allows simple, MS-friendly mobile phases.
- Restek's most popular LC stationary phase applied to Raptor™ SPP core-shell silica.
- Stationary Phase Category: Phenyl (L11)
- Ligand Type: Biphenyl
- Particle: 2.7um SPP
- Pore Size: 90 Å
- Surface Area: 150 m2/g
- Length: 30 - 150 mm
- ID: 2.1, 3.0, 4.6 mm
Application notes and news
- An Evaluation of Biphenyl Chemistry to Aid in High-Throughput Bioanalytical LC-MS/MS Analyses
- Turn to Raptor™ SPP Biphenyl LC Columns for Fast, Rugged Pain Panels
- Simultaneous Determination of Mephedrone, Methylone, MDPV, and Amphetamines in Urine by LC/MS/MS
- Experience Selectivity Accelerated With New Raptor™ SPP LC Columns and Guards