PT-PC PowerTome Ultramicrotomes
See all reviews
Member since 2013
University of Lausanne
Read more »
"This instrument is very easy to use at room temperature but also in cryo and very precise. The interface is very friendly to use and I like the optic equipment on this machine. For cryo the machine drinks not much liquid nitrogen, it’s very economical. You can use different type of special sample’s holders (for tube, planchettes ect…). Finally, the company who provides this machine is always reachable to answer your questions and make the maximum for the costumers."
See all reviews
Member since 2012
Read more »
"This traditional ultramicrotome works very well, it is easy to use and reliable. The cryo-port is quite difficult to use- the tube is very fragile and expensive to repair."
PC controlled ultramicrotome supplied complete with all-in-one slim design computer, with integrated “Touch Screen” control monitor, wireless mouse & keyboard, interconnect cables & accessories. All control functions are activated by touching the control monitor screen, or by mouse, or by using the digital controller. Color monitor displays bright, user friendly, control icons logically & clearly located around central video image display panel.
• Power Tome, high stability, zero back-lash, cutting arm drive system
• High precision, manually operated, knife stage
• Ergonomic photostereomicroscope system with constant radial focus, eucentric tilt control adjustment & unique “Scan and Tilt” control.
• Numeric & digital displays of number of sections cut, total specimen feed advanced, section thickness, cutting speed and specimen feed remaining
• Built-in hand rests for maximum comfort when specimen trimming and collecting sections
• Bright LED approach backlight with independent LED specimen transillumination/spotlight for specimen localization
• Cutting zone set by unique Visutrac™ control that can be adjusted at any time. Cutting zone can also be set by positioning specimen & touching upper & lower cutting zone icons on the touchscreen or the control buttons on the tactile controller.
• Electronic stepping control for automatic specimen advance/return
• Built-in report generator & data base with specimen parameter recall mode.
• Five memory channels to store frequently used cutting and trimming parameters
• Built-in diagnostic & set-up routines
• Help menu
• HD video package with photostereozoom microscope, c-mount & camera factory installed
• Skype internet software factory installed with tech support contacts included
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!