|Gary W. Reuther|
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Moffitt Cancer Center
Read more »
"Takara's Primestar polymerase is fantastic. High yields, no errors, fast annealing. My lab uses it for site directed mutagenesis. Gives great yields and lots of correctly mutated colonies with high efficiency. May cost a little more than other enzymes, but we simply do smaller reaction volumes and that makes it more affordable."
PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase (premix): a high fidelity enzyme for fast PCR
• Highest fidelity of any commercially available PCR-ready DNA polymerase (<0.0022% error rate)
• Fast extension speed (5sec./kb) means less time is required for PCR cycles
• Convenient 2X premix, including buffer and dNTPs, allows easy reaction assembly
• Antibody-mediated hot-start formulation allows immediate polymerase activation and improved specificity
• Proven performance as reported in peer-reviewed literature
PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase premix contains a unique high fidelity PCR enzyme for fast PCR. Conveniently formulated as a 2X premix with reaction buffer and dNTPs, PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase ensures the highest fidelity (12 mismatches in 542.6 kb sequenced) and fastest extension rate of any commercially available enzyme. It includes an elongation factor to provide efficient priming and extension, greatly reducing the time required for the annealing and extension steps of PCR. As a result, PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase can be used for exceptionally fast PCR allowing amplification of a 4 kb fragment in just 30 minutes. The immediate activation of this antibody mediated hot start polymerase results in improved amplification specificity, sensitivity and efficiency.
In addition the 2X premix formulation allows the rapid preparation of reactions and is useful for high-throughput applications. For highly accurate amplification during cloning and expression studies, structural or evolutionary analyses, PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase is the enzyme of choice.
Furthermore PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase is suitable for reactions that occur in the presence of excessive nucleic acid. Extraneous DNA ordinarily inhibits template amplification using conventional polymerases because the amount of effective polymerase is limited by nonspecific binding. However, the superior processivity of PrimeSTAR® Max DNA Polymerase prevents inhibition by excessive nucleic acid, resulting in a much higher success rate for PCR with minimal optimization being required . Moreover, the antibody-mediated hot start formulation of this polymerase prevents false initiation events from occurring during reaction assembly.
• Cloning and expression studies
• Structure and function studies
• Evolutionary or mutation studies (e.g., SNP analyses)
• Fast PCR during high-throughput studies