Features of the Portable Pipet-Aid XP from Drummond Scientific include:
• The lighter, more compact Portable Pipet-Aid®
• Nine independently controlled fill and empty speed range options
• Easy access battery replacement
• Locking nosepiece
• Removable stand
• Optional Colored Nosepieces
• Holster / wall bracket included
Specifically designed to minimize operator fatigue, the new Portable Pipet-Aid XP is smaller and lightweight. It accepts most pipets from 1 to 100 mL. Depressing the top button fills the pipet, depressing the lower button empties it. The flow rate is proportional to the amount each button is depressed.
Each button has three speeds, F Fast, M Medium, S Slow. The medium speed is suitable for most routine techniques. Fast can be used for rapid filling of large pipets or breaking up cell clumps. Slow speed is ideal when using small pipets or when more precise delivery is required. A gravity drain model is available which substitutes a gravity drain (G) function for the fast (F) mode on the dispense button.
The XP is powered by a nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) 9 volt rechargeable battery. To obtain maximum life from the battery, recharge overnight as a routine. The battery can be replaced by removing the screw marked B on the schematic (found in Pipet-Aid XP support) below and sliding out the cover (078).
Self-Locking Double Membrane Filter
The XP incorporates a Tissue Culture Nosepiece which features a unique filter element. The TC filter will cease to allow air to pass in either direction if it becomes wet, alerting the user to possible contamination of the rubber insert. To remove the filter, slide back the nosepiece lock (074) and twist the nosepiece to release the filter.
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!