PhyTip Ion Exchange columns
PhyTip® Columns offer automated, flexible and scalable solution for biomolecule separation.
In addition to columns for affinity purification, nucleic acid purification and gel filtration, PhyNexus have developed PhyTip columns for ion exchange. In traditional ion exchange chromatography, samples, wash buffers and gradient elution buffers pass through packed columns in one direction. The PhyTip column is able to simulate this chromatographic separation in a small, pipette tip column by driving the binding and release steps to equilibrium. This is not achieved by using high back-pressure, large columns, but instead by back-and-forth flow.
Using PhyTip ion exchange columns offers complete flexibility in designing experiments. For example 12 different resins, 4 capture conditions, 2 wash conditions and 3 elution conditions could be evaluated at the same time, resulting in a total of 288 conditions tested in a single experiment. The separation conditions obtained are completely scalable and transferable to larger manufacturing scale columns.
Four standard ion exchange resins are available in PhyTip columns, strong anion, weak anion, strong cation and weak cation. An IonScreen Ion Exchange Resin Screening Tool kit is also available which contains 24 columns of each resin. Since many different resins are available for ion exchange, PhyNexus also offers a resin packing service.
PhyTip Ion Exchange columns Features:
- Unique ability to screen different resins and wash and elution buffers in one experiment.
- Optimised ion exchange conditions directly transferable to larger manufacturing scale columns.
- Perform chromatographic separation in a pipette tip column using back and forth flow to drive binding and release steps to equilibrium.
- Process up to 12 samples at a time on the MEA 2, or 96 samples at a time using a robotic liquid handling system.
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries