A significant advance in the technology of fabrication of micropipettes, optical fiber probes, and nanospray tips, is offered with the P-2000 micropipette puller
. The P-2000 integrates a CO2 laser-based heat source with the technology derived from our extensive experience with conventional pullers. This system offers capabilities unmatched by other pullers.
- Capable of pulling quartz, borosilicate and aluminosilicate glass.
- Fully programmable — including heating filament characteristics.
- The laser has no melting point limit as with conventional metal filaments; and therefore, cannot be burned out.
- Pulls electrodes with tip diameters smaller than 0.03µm.
- Optimized velocity sensing circuit for maximized sensitivity and reproducibility.
- Operating life of the CO2 laser is expected to be in excess of ten years with normal use, after which the laser can be refurbished by the Sutter Instrument Company for a nominal charge.
- Individual programs can be write-protected in order to secure them from inadvertent changes.
- The total time that the heat is on during the pull is displayed for improved program development and troubleshooting.
- A date and time stamp is displayed to show the last time that a program has been changed.
- The P-2000/F is ideal for applications such as nanospray and NSOM.
- Preprogrammed sample programs for intra-cellular and patch pipettes. Special programming available upon request.