OPTIMA® high performance capillary columns
As a result of our efforts in research and development and the continuous improvements in our manufacturing techniques we present OPTIMA® – a series of high performance capillary columns for gas chromatography.
OPTIMA® capillary columns provide:
High thermal stability
High-boiling solutes (with very low vapour pressures) "normally" have very long retention times and rather broad peak shapes. OPTIMA® columns with their increased operation temperatures elute high-boiling compounds faster and with better peak shapes.
Maximum operating temperatures for OPTIMA® phases
The first temperature is valid for isothermal operation, the second for short isotherms in a temperature programme.
Phase max. operating temperatures
OPTIMA®1 340/360 °C
OPTIMA® 5 340/360 °C
OPTIMA® δ-3 340/360 °C
OPTIMA® δ-6 340/360 °C
OPTIMA® 17 320/340 °C
OPTIMA® 1301 300/320 °C
OPTIMA® 1701 300/320 °C
OPTIMA® 624 280/300 °C
OPTIMA® 210 260/280 °C
OPTIMA® 225 260/280 °C
OPTIMA® 240 260/280 °C
OPTIMA® WAX 250/260 °C
OPTIMA® FFAP 250/260 °C
Reduced column bleed
Less column bleed yields increased sensitivity and accuracy through a better signal to noise ratio for any kind of detector. Reduced column bleed improves detectability of solutes in qualitative and quantitative GC-MS analyses.
More inert columns due to optimised deactivation
Polar compounds are frequently difficult to analyse, because they often give broad tailing peaks. Advances in deactivation technology for the OPTIMA® capillaries result in an excellent chromatographic performance yielding improved peak shapes of polar compounds combined with improved efficiency and sensitivity.
For controlling quality MACHEREY-NAGEL determines the following parameters:
- efficiency by measuring the separation number in a temperature programme.
- polarity by measuring retention indices
- bleeding in a temperature programme with a test mixture including high-boiling hydrocarbons
- inertness by measuring the peak height ratio for decylamine/ C-12 (for non- to medium polar phases)
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!