Onyx Silica Monolithic HPLC Technology
Acheive Faster HPLC
Onyx monolithic silica-based HPLC columns are designed for high-throughput analysis and the direct injection of dirty or viscous samples.
- Reduce run times with extremely high flow rates (up to 9 mL/min)
- "Dilute-and-Shoot” dirty biological samples
- Scalable from capillary to semi-prep column dimensions
Onyx columns deliver high efficiency separations and can be coupled together in series to produce the extreme plate counts needed to separate very complex mixtures. Dilute & Shoot Complex mixtures coupled with dirty matrices, such as serum samples encountered in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, are quite difficult and time-consuming to analyze. With Onyx however, you have the option to ??ilute-and-shoot??your sample directly onto the column because it won't clog due to the macroporous system or cause high backpressures. Flow Rate Flexibility Another unique feature is the ability to use flow rate as parameter for optimizing separations. Onyx columns are responsive to changes in flow rate and can be changed mid run to reduce total run time when certain compounds elute much later. This type of flow rate flexibility gives many options for optimization.
Application notes and news
- HPLC 2009: Phenomenex Column Technologies for Speed and Selectivity
- New Monolithic Capillary Columns Deliver High Efficiency for Biomarker Research
- Improve Speed and Sensitivity for your LC/MS Analysis
- Smaller Diameter Monolithic HPLC Column Enhances High-Throughput Drug Metabolism Assays
- Phenomenex Introduces Onyx™ 3mm ID Monolithic HPLC Columns
- Phenomenex Introduces Onyx™ Semi-Prep (10mm ID) Monolithic HPLC Columns
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!