Simple, Rapid, Reproducible Collection of Plasma.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments has partnered with Novilytic Labs to offer a powerful, new technology for the rapid generation of plasma from whole blood.
NoviplexTM is a simple, powerful tool used to collect a volumetric sample of plasma (2.5 µL) from a non-volumetric application of whole blood in just minutes. An un-measured application of between 20 to 75 µL of whole blood from a finger-stick, mouse tail-bleed (or other source) is all that is required to collect a volumetric plasma sample. Noviplex can be used as a single step, solid-phase method for sample preparation and analyte extraction, eliminating the need for time consuming techniques such as solid phase extraction, centrifugation and evaporation.
Noviplex™ Cards Plasma Sample Collection Tool Features:
- 99% removal of red blood cells (based on Hb levels in plasma).
- Plasma sampling volumes of 2.5 µL.
- Inter-card CV of ~1% in plasma collection volume at constant hematocrit (HCT).
- Inter-card CV of 2% collection volume variation with 20% to 71% HCT
- Proteins are deposited as a monolayer upon drying.
- Metabolites are present in the protein monolayer.
- Rapid sample preparation for MS-based analysis, while maintaining assay reproducibility and selectivity.
- Volumetric plasma sample collection using a single drop of whole blood.
- Specimen volumes as low as 25 µL.
- Noviplex cards simplify sample preparation. Eliminates need for solvent extraction, centrifugation and evaporation.
- Exceptional reproducibility independent of hematocrit.