NightOWL II LB 983 – in vivo Imaging
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"The Bertold System is a wonderful alternative for bioluminescence imaging using luciferase transduced cell lines in vivo. We used it with mice and it works great. I would recommend this system, however the software needs some time to get adjusted."
As an ideal instrument for both bioluminescence in vivo imaging (BLI) and biofluorescence in vivo imaging (BFI) the NightOWL enables monitoring of gene expression or disease progression directly in living organisms.
Equipped with extreme sensitive CCD cameras (cooled up to delta -80°C) an outstanding sensitivity can be achived. Whole animals and plants can be imaged as well as blots, gels, microplates, cell culture dishes and arrays regardless luminescent or fluorescent markers are used. Optical calibration ensures the comparability of all images captured.
NightOWL is the first imager with an motor-driven camera inside the cabinet. Positioning is reproducible with +/- 100 µm allowing very precise height correction. Optimum resolution and focus of the sample is achieved by automatic positioning of the camera according to the actual sample size.
During long luminescence or fluorescence image acquisition rodents have to be anaesthesized. The flange option provides light-tight access to the inner part for the gas anesthesia unit.
The NightOWL cabinet has enuogh space to install special light sources or to place transilluminators, heaters, coolers etc. Special sample trays allow multimodal imaging, as well with MRI, PET and µPET instruments.
Application notes and news
- Measurement of Minimum Detectable Radiance with a New Calibrated Light Source
- Fluorescence In Vivo Imaging of Labelled Nanoparticles in Tumour-Bearing Mice with NightOWL LB 983
- Luciferin Bioavailability in Mice during In-Vivo Imaging
- Bioluminescence Imaging using NightOWL LB 981 NC 100
- Monitoring of Renilla Luciferase Activities In-Vitro and In-Vivo
- Luminometers and Assay Automation Solutions: Medica 08 hall 3 booth E05
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries