MSC Research Tool Box
The MSC Research Tool Box – CD271 (LNGFR) has been developed for the standardized and optimized enrichment and expansion of human mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) from bone marrow aspirates. The tool box includes all necessary reagents for fluorescent labeling (CD271 (LNGFR)-PE or -APC) and indirect magnetic labeling (Anti‑PE or -APC MicroBeads) of CD271 (LNGFR)+ cells, as well as FcR Blocking Reagent to block non-specific labeling via Fc receptors. Furthermore, the MSC Research Tool Box – CD271 (LNGFR) contains NH Expansion Medium, a specialized medium for the expansion of MSCs, and CytoMix – MSC, a cytokine cocktail designed specifically for the optimal and reproducible expansion of pre-selected MSCs.
CD271, also known as low-affinity nerve growth factor receptor (LNGFR), is a well-known marker for the isolation of MSCs directly from bone marrow aspirate. After separation, colony-forming unit fibroblast (CFU-F) activity was found only in the CD271+ cell fraction, and not in the CD271– population. Isolated CD271+ cells have a higher proliferative capacity in comparison to MSCs isolated by plastic adherence. High proliferative capacity is maintained in medium supplemented with human AB serum without loss of multipotent differentiation capacity or karyotype alterations8. Remarkably, secretion of growth factors was significantly higher in the separated CD271+ MSCs.
Furthermore, CD271 is a specific marker for MSCs from lipoaspirate. The CD271 antibody also recognizes MSCs in bone marrow from monkey, goat, dog, pig, and sheep.
• Positive selection and culture of CD271+ MSCs from human bone marrow or other tissues, such as lipoaspirate.
• Positive selection of MSCs from bone marrow of monkey, goat, dog, pig, and sheep.
• Positive selection of neural cells, including neural crest cells, motor neurons, and Schwann cells.
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!